The October issue of ETF Edge, the monthly ETF Newsletter, is now available to ETFdb Pro subscribers. This month’s issue takes a look at a busy month in the ETF industry, including some of the most interesting new product launches and dramatic changes in the competitive environment. We also make a case for our actionable investment ideas for the fourth quarter of the year, and explain why one of last month’s picks gained 20% in September. Highlights include:
- Heard On The Street: In an expanded version of this section, we take a look at all the big stories in the ETF industry over the last month, including the exit of two issuers, regulatory changes, and frustrations with a lagging approval process.
- Actionable ETF Investment Ideas: This month’s actionable investment ideas include a more aggressive play on emerging markets and a long/short trade in the clean energy space.
- ETFdb Portfolios: Two of our ETF experts lay out their all-ETF model portfolios, explaining their methodology for allocating assets in the current environment.
- Coming and Going: September was an incredibly busy month in the ETF industry, with more than two dozen new products hitting the market. We highlight some of the more interesting new funds, including those that have been quick to gain traction with investors. The last month also saw a number of closures in the ETF industry, continuing a trend from August and raising concerns about an issuance “bubble.”
- ETF Spotlight: In this segment, we highlight an ETF that is flying under the radars of most investors, but that may present an intriguing investment option in the current environment. The October edition examines a currency product that may be able to add diversification benefits to a stock-and-bond portfolio.
- ETF Scorecard: In a new addition to Edge, we examine the monthly and year-to-date performance of U.S. and international equity markets. In addition to segmenting by market cap, we take a look at how various weighting methodologies stack up–with some very surprising results.
- Sector & Region Outlook: This snapshot of global investment opportunities continues to show impressive flexibility, once again changing significantly from the previous month. The October grid looks very different than a month ago; September’s equity market rally has sent some pricing multiples through the roof.
- Inside The ETFdb 60 Index: We take a look at the biggest gainers and losers in our all-ETF index for the month of September, taking a closer look at some of the drivers for each.
- Now Is The Season To: Building off the results of the ETF Scorecard, we outline a case for expanding beyond market cap-weighting, and summarize some of the most popular alternatives.