Now available from ETF Database is the free Head-To-Head ETF Comparison Tool, an analytical resource that allows investors to quickly and easily compare two ETFs side by side and analyze how potential investments stack up in terms of holdings, performance, technical strength, and other descriptive metrics. The new comparison tool joins a number of free ETF resources offered by ETF Database, including a comprehensive ETF screener, country exposure tool, and proprietary mutual fund to ETF converter.
How It Works
The user-friendly layout of the Head-To-Head ETF Comparison Tool prompts investors to enter tickers of two ETFs. The results page offers five different tabs of comparative metrics, including:
- Overview: This tab provides the vital stats for each ETF, including underlying index (along with a description), issuer, expense ratio, AUM, and average daily volume. Also included is a link to the fact sheet for each ETF.
- Holdings: This tab provides a breakdown of each ETF by asset class, as well as top ten holdings, number of total holdings, and the percentage of assets in the top ten. When two equity ETFs (e.g. EEM vs. VWO or SPY vs. IVV) are entered, results include a comparison of breakdowns by market cap, sector, and region. The results page for two bond ETFs (e.g., AGG vs. BND) includes figures and charts comparing the maturity, coupon, and credit ratings of underlying holdings.
- Performance: This tab includes a variety of performance metrics, as well as volatility figures for each ETF and the fund’s dividend yield.
- Technicals: For technical traders, the tool delivers a head-to-head comparison of more than a dozen technical indicators, including momentum, moving averages, and relative strength.
- Descriptive Data: Powered by a proprietary database of descriptive information, this tab includes access to descriptive data fields for each ETF, such as sector, region, commodity type, or bond duration. The data included here allows users to quickly identify other funds similar to those selected. This tab is available only for ETFdb Pro members.
Like all tools on ETFdb.com, the Head-To-Head ETF Comparison Tool is available free to all investors.
We look forward to hearing your feedback on the latest free ETF tool, and are excited to introduce several more resources in coming months. For updates on all new tool launches and other ETF developments, sign up for our free ETF newsletter.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.