The April edition of ETF Edge, the ETF newsletter available to ETFdb Pro subscribers, is now available. This month’s edition takes a look back at one of the most action-packed months in the history of the ETF industry, recapping more than three dozen new product launches and taking a look at the investment merits of each new ETFs. Highlights of the April edition include:
- Heard On The Street: We recap all the ETF industry news from the last month, including Scottrade’s response in the commission-free ETF trading battle and a major development in the active ETF space.
- Actionable ETF Investment Ideas: Our team of ETF analysts highlights four ideas we like heading into the second quarter, including a play on international debt and short ETF play related to the ongoing turbulence in Japan.
- ETFdb Portfolios: The team recaps the performance during March, commenting on a portfolio in flux.
- Coming & Going: We take a closer look at all of the new ETF offerings, discussing the investment thesis behind each and advising on suitability within a portfolio.
- ETF Milestones: This section highlights all ETFs hitting their three-year or five-year anniversaries.
- ETF Spotlight: Taking a look at a compelling ETF investment idea flying under the radar of many investors; April’s version focuses on a Japan ETF you probably haven’t heard of yet.
- ETF Scorecard: Small caps made a nice recovery last month, though the first quarter of 2011 belonged to mid cap companies. This section compares various weighting methodologies, coming so some interesting conclusions.
- Sector & Region Outlook: This section takes a look at pricing multiples across the U.S. economy and global markets, drawing some inspiration for ETF ideas.
- Inside The ETFdb 60: We take a look at the biggest winners and losers in our all-ETF index during the month of March, diving into the drivers of each.
- Now Is The Season To: With concerns about inflation picking up, we examine a few dividend ETF options.
- ETF Performance Database: This section includes a complete list of year-to-date performance and expense information for 1,100+ ETFs.
To read the entire issue, sign up for a free seven-day trial of ETFdb Pro, which includes access to a dozen model portfolios, enhanced ETF screener capabilities, and full use of the head-to-head ETF comparison tool.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.