The December issue of ETF Edge, the monthly ETF Newsletter, is now available to ETFdb Pro subscribers. This month’s issue includes a look back at another chaotic month in the markets, highlighting noteworthy industry developments amidst a largely uncertain economic backdrop. In this edition of Edge we recap our actionable ideas from last month, as well as offer new recommendations going forward that may appeal to investors who wish to defensively position themselves in anticipation of more volatility. We also take a look under the hood of an intriguing commodity producers ETF as well as covering more than a handful of first-to-market product launches.
- Sector & Region Outlook: In this section we take a look at how pricing multiples across global markets have shifted, given that November was dominated by choppy trading, although the end-of-month rally was able to significantly bump up performance metrics for many asset classes.
- Coming and Going: November saw a flurry of new product launches including first-to-market bond ETFs as well as several “investment discipline” ETFs. In this section, we highlight the investment thesis behind each new ETP and discuss which type of investors may be interested in some of the latest additions to the lineup.
- Spotlight: This month we take a closer look at a one-of-a-kind commodity producers ETF, which offers investors global “pure play” exposure to one of most lucrative segments within the mining industry.
- Now Is The Season To: This section highlights several defensive sector-specific emerging market ETFs, which allow for investors to establish “safer” equity exposure in an asset class that is often times associated with relatively high risks.
- Actionable ETF Investment Ideas: In addition to recapping last month’s picks, our team of analysts outlines four new trade recommendations that are deemed to posses attractive upside potential over the coming month.
- ETF Performance Database: In this section of Edge we highlight year-to-date performance and expense data for all 1,400+ U.S.-listed ETFs, organized by ETFdb Category. PDF and Excel spreadsheet downloads are available to Pro members.
Pro members can read the entire newsletter online here, as well as access our new model portfolios, including the Kitchen Sink ETFdb Portfolio and the Low Volatility ETFdb Portfolio. If you’re not an ETFdb Pro member yet, you can learn more or get a free 7-day trial of ETFdb Pro here.