Domestic equity markets started off the week on a strong note as investors were optimistic to see a very strong start to the holiday shopping seasons, showcasing that U.S. consumers are still alive and kicking. Euphoria swept over stocks on Wednesday after the Fed and the central banks of the euro area, Canada, Japan, U.K., and Switzerland all agreed to reduce the cost of offering dollar financing through swaps. The collective central bank effort was aimed at improving liquidity and more indirectly restoring confidence back in the markets by proving to investors that policymakers are in fact recognizing the issues and actively combating them. Optimism across equity markets spurred a rally in gold, with futures prices for the precious yellow metal settling near $1,750 as the trading session drew to a close.
Checking In: Trading Ideas
This week, our technical trading ideas included long recommendations in a domestic sector ETF and an emerging market fund as well as a long position in a unique fixed income offering. Below, we highlight how our trade recommendations from Monday’s Insider have been holding up this week:
Trading Idea #1: Long XLV
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETFdb Analyst Picks offer investment recommendations suited for longer-term traders; each Analyst Pick includes a fundamental rationale as well a suggested stop-loss and price target.
ETF Database is not an investment advisor, and any content published by ETF Database does not constitute individual investment advice. The opinions offered herein are not personalized recommendations to buy, sell or hold securities. From time to time, issuers of exchange-traded products mentioned herein may place paid advertisements with ETF Database. All content on ETF Database is produced independently of any advertising relationships. Read the full disclaimer here.