Investors can’t seem to catch a break this week as sentiment continues to sway from fearful to hopeful, paving the way for profit taking and choppy trading across all markets. The spotlight remains fixated on the debt burdened Euro zone and investors worries continue to overshadow the encouraging economic data releases at home. Positive news on the home front this weeks includes better-than-expected existing home sales, increase in personal income, as well as surprise to the upside in durable goods orders. Nonetheless, uncertainty surrounding the supercommittee negotiations is still weighting down on investor’s confidence on Wall Street, and debt woes from the other side of the Atlantic aren’t exactly helping.
Checking In: Trading Ideas
This week, our technical trading ideas included a short recommendation in a emerging country fund as well as long recommendations in a domestic sector and Treasury ETF. Below, we highlight how our trade recommendations from Monday’s Insider have been holding up this week:
Trading Idea #1: Short EPU
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETFdb Analyst Picks offer investment recommendations suited for longer-term traders; each Analyst Pick includes a fundamental rationale as well a suggested stop-loss and price target.
ETF Database is not an investment advisor, and any content published by ETF Database does not constitute individual investment advice. The opinions offered herein are not personalized recommendations to buy, sell or hold securities. From time to time, issuers of exchange-traded products mentioned herein may place paid advertisements with ETF Database. All content on ETF Database is produced independently of any advertising relationships. Read the full disclaimer here.