Equity market turmoil remains a dominant theme as ongoing Euro zone worries are proving to be a major headwind as investors struggle to regain confidence. Europe’s financially fragile health is sparking concerns for a global economic slowdown, which would in turn drag down even the healthiest of markets, including the U.S., which has demonstrated resilience as economic data release on the home front have been predominantly better-than-expected in recent months. The Volatility Index (VIX) continues to hoover above the 25 mark, which has effectively discouraged long-term investors from jumping into the market at current levels given the expectations for more uncertainty [see Low Volatility ETFdb Portfolio].
Checking In: Trading Ideas
This week, our technical trading ideas included long recommendations in a sector-specific ETF and an emerging market bond fund along with a short position in a popular domestic equity fund. Below, we highlight how our trade recommendations from Monday’s Insider have been holding up this week:
Trading Idea #1: Short DIA
Pro Membership Required to Continue ReadingTo continue reading this article, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETF Insider weekly & actionable ideas packed with regular updates and analysis on all major asset classes, includes recommendations for active traders.