Equity markets remain plagued with volatility as Euro zone debt woes weigh down on investors’ confidence. Uncertainty stemming from the debt burdened currency bloc continues to dominate headlines all over the globe as investors anxiously await for EU leaders to bring forth a comprehensive plan that ensures the region won’t succumb to a potentially devastating financial crisis. Prospects for the U.S. economic recovery are slowly improving following a better-than-expected retail sales report, which paved the way higher for domestic equity indexes on Tuesday. Gold prices remain range-bound between $1,750 and $1,800 an ounce, while crude oil on the other hand has been charging full steam ahead. Prices for the precious fossil fuel have soared over the past few weeks, and crude oil futures closed above the $101 a barrel as Wednesday’s trading session drew to a close.
Checking In: Trading Ideas
This week, our technical trading ideas included a short recommendation in a developed country fund as well as long recommendations in a domestic sector and bond ETF. Below, we highlight how our trade recommendations from Monday’s Insider have been holding up this week:
Trading Idea #1: Short EWA
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETFdb Analyst Picks offer investment recommendations suited for longer-term traders; each Analyst Pick includes a fundamental rationale as well a suggested stop-loss and price target.
ETF Database is not an investment advisor, and any content published by ETF Database does not constitute individual investment advice. The opinions offered herein are not personalized recommendations to buy, sell or hold securities. From time to time, issuers of exchange-traded products mentioned herein may place paid advertisements with ETF Database. All content on ETF Database is produced independently of any advertising relationships. Read the full disclaimer here.