Wall Street opened in deep red territory at the opening bell Monday morning as Greek debt woes resurfaced. Broad equity indexes climbed higher towards the end of the day however, further extending their gains into Tuesday, only to fall victim to profit taking in the final hours of trading. The Fed went ahead with the twist, and their decision to sell $400 billion of short-term Treasuries for longer-term ones spooked investors big time, sparking a broad-based, heavy volume sell-off across all corners of the market. Surprisingly, gold wasn’t the best defense this time around as the precious metal fluctuated during the day and sank lower after the Fed’s announcement, settling around $1,780 for the day.
Checking In: Trading Ideas
This week, our technical trading ideas included a long and short recommendation in some popular domestic sector funds while our third fundamental pick focused on a U.S. Treasury offering, confirming our bullish suspicions. Below, we highlight how our trade recommendations from Monday’s Insider have been holding up:
Trading Idea #1: Short XLV
Pro Membership Required to Continue ReadingTo continue reading this article, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETF Insider weekly & actionable ideas packed with regular updates and analysis on all major asset classes, includes recommendations for active traders.