Equity markets rejoiced all of last week as the cloud of uncertainty looming over the Greek debt crisis appeared to be shrinking. Euphoria quickly evaporated this week however, as equity indexes resumed their volatile ways thanks to resurfacing Italian debt woes. News of Italian Prime Minister Berlusconi resigning lifted stocks on Tuesday, although investor confidence in the Euro zone deteriorated significantly on Wednesday as yields on 10-Year Italian Bonds spiked above 7%. Stock markets plunged as investor worries over the Euro zone escalated, with many worrying that EU leaders are unprepared to potentially deal with a full blown crisis in the debt burdened currency bloc. Gold re-conquered the $1,800 mark earlier in the week, although the precious metal sank alongside stocks on Wednesday, with futures prices for the precious metal closing around $1,770 an ounce for the day.
Checking In: Trading Ideas
This week, our technical trading ideas included long recommendations in a global sector fund and an emerging market equity ETF, as well as a long position in an international treasury offering. Below, we highlight how our trade recommendations from Monday’s Insider have been holding up this week:
Trading Idea #1: Long JXI
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETFdb Analyst Picks offer investment recommendations suited for longer-term traders; each Analyst Pick includes a fundamental rationale as well a suggested stop-loss and price target.
ETF Database is not an investment advisor, and any content published by ETF Database does not constitute individual investment advice. The opinions offered herein are not personalized recommendations to buy, sell or hold securities. From time to time, issuers of exchange-traded products mentioned herein may place paid advertisements with ETF Database. All content on ETF Database is produced independently of any advertising relationships. Read the full disclaimer here.