Domestic equity indexes started the week off with fresh multi-month highs as investor optimism from last week carried over. Stock markets were quick to give up gains on Tuesday however, after disappointing corporate earnings results weighted down on investor confidence, while continuing Euro zone debt woes didn’t do much to remedy the situation. Wednesday proved to be a pivotal day for the markets, despite the lack of volatility, as European lawmakers announced that they had come to terms on a broad strategy, which is merely the first step in the right direction. News of the Euro zone “bailout” sparked inflation fears and paved the way higher for gold, with futures prices for the precious metal soaring as high as $1,728 an ounce for the day.
Checking In: Trading Ideas
This week, our technical trading ideas included long recommendations in a commodity fund as well as an emerging market ETF, while our third, fundamental pick, focused on an overlooked corner of the metals market. Below, we highlight how our trade recommendations from Monday’s Insider have been holding up this week:
Trading Idea #1: Long CORN
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETFdb Analyst Picks offer investment recommendations suited for longer-term traders; each Analyst Pick includes a fundamental rationale as well a suggested stop-loss and price target.
ETF Database is not an investment advisor, and any content published by ETF Database does not constitute individual investment advice. The opinions offered herein are not personalized recommendations to buy, sell or hold securities. From time to time, issuers of exchange-traded products mentioned herein may place paid advertisements with ETF Database. All content on ETF Database is produced independently of any advertising relationships. Read the full disclaimer here.