Equities across the globe continued their sluggish performance for most of last week, and while broad indexes managed to climb into positive territory the last few trading sessions, the week as a whole was fairly turbulent with no real movement in either direction. Gold climbed higher amidst uncertainty in the financial markets, closing the week just above $1,537 an ounce. Silver settled above $38 an ounce and crude oil futures remain extremely volatile, managing to finish the week higher and close just above $100 a barrel. The U.S. dollar index lost ground during the trading week asserting the hypothesis that recent weakness in domestic equities is merely profit taking, as opposed to a significant shift in underlying market fundamentals which remain favorable in our opinion.
Against this backdrop, we see several technicals-based opportunities among the ETF universe, including a creative way to bet against the dollar and a chance to establish a position in precious metals:
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETFdb Analyst Picks offer investment recommendations suited for longer-term traders; each Analyst Pick includes a fundamental rationale as well a suggested stop-loss and price target.
ETF Database is not an investment advisor, and any content published by ETF Database does not constitute individual investment advice. The opinions offered herein are not personalized recommendations to buy, sell or hold securities. From time to time, issuers of exchange-traded products mentioned herein may place paid advertisements with ETF Database. All content on ETF Database is produced independently of any advertising relationships. Read the full disclaimer here.