The November issue of ETF Edge, the monthly ETF Newsletter, is now available to ETFdb Pro subscribers. This month’s issue includes a look back at some of the developments in the ETF Industry during one of the most prosperous months on Wall Street. In this edition we recap last month’s actionable investment ideas which fared quite well, in addition to offering new recommendations for the coming months as well as highlighting several overlooked currency basket ETPs. We also take a look at a fairly new low-volatility emerging markets equity fund that focuses on dividend paying securities, in addition to highlighting more than a handful of first-to-market product launches. Highlights include:
- Feature Article: In this new addition to Edge, we take the time to cover some fundamental as well as more advanced considerations that investors and financial advisors alike can use to improve their understanding of ETFs and finding a product to suit their needs.
- Coming and Going: The ETF industry is buzzing with activity on all fronts and October shaped out to be another busy month filled with new product launches. In this section, we highlight some of the newest commodity, fixed income, and hyper-targeted equity funds, that have hit the market in the past month.
- Spotlight: This month we take a closer look at an intriguing emerging markets equity fund that may appeal to risk-averse investors looking for international exposure coupled with an attractive current income stream.
- ETF Scorecard : This section includes a performance matrix that highlights how the combination of market cap exposure and weighting methodology can lead to very different bottom line results. We also take a look at how the different weighting methodologies have recently performed amidst the strong equity market comeback over the past month.
- Actionable ETF Investment Ideas: Despite the stellar run-up that stocks have seen this past month, a cloud of uncertainty still looms over the global economy. Looking forward, our team of ETF analysts outlines several intriguing trade ideas, including long positions in a new international bond fund as well as defensive dividend ETF.
- Now Is The Season To: This section highlights several unique currency basket ETPs with risk/return profiles that may appeal to investors looking for sources of uncorrelated returns.
Pro members can read the entire newsletter online here, as well as access our new model portfolios, including the Africa-Centric Portfolio and the Futures Free Commodity Portfolio. If you’re not an ETFdb Pro member yet, you can learn more or get a free 7-day trial of ETFdb Pro here.