The October issue of ETF Edge, the monthly ETF Newsletter, is now available to ETFdb Pro subscribers. This month’s issue includes a look back at some of the developments in the ETF Industry during one of the wildest months on Wall Street. In this edition we highlight a handful of first-to-market product launches as well as covering the latest developments impacting several issuers in the industry. We also recap last month’s actionable investment ideas in addition to offering new recommendations for the coming months and covering the biggest movers in the previous month. Highlights include:
- Feature Article: In this new addition to Edge, we take a closer look at how growth in the ETF industry has changed the competitive landscape and offer insights on why we may be seeing a lower number of product closures in years to come.
- Coming and Going: The ETF industry has hit the gas pedal again on the product development front after a summer slowdown. In this section, we highlight some of the newest commodity, fixed income, and hyper-targeted equity funds, that have hit the market in the past month.
- Spotlight: This month we take a closer look at a first-to-market product offering exposure to the Chinese bond market, certainly a must read for investors looking to expand the geographic scope of their bond portfolio.
- ETF Scorecard : This section includes a performance matrix that highlights how the combination of market cap exposure and weighting methodology can lead to very different bottom line results. We also take a look at how the recent market turmoil has led to a significant difference in performance between U.S. and emerging market equities.
- Actionable ETF Investment Ideas: Wall Street remains plagued with volatility and our team of experts looks back on how last month’s predictions played out, as well as offering several forward-looking recommendations designed to capitalize on fear in the current environment.
- Now Is The Season To: This section highlights a segment of the fixed income market that has seen a considerable rise in interest as the deteriorating outlook on the global economic recovery continues to push investors into “safer” corners of the market.
Pro members can read the entire newsletter online here, as well as access our new model portfolios, including the Global Titans ETFdb Portfolio and the Better-Than-AGG Total Bond Market ETFdb Portfolio.If you’re not an ETFdb Pro member yet, you can learn more or get a free 7-day trial of ETFdb Pro here.