The September issue of ETF Edge, the monthly ETF Newsletter, is now available to ETFdb Pro subscribers. This month’s issue includes a look back at another very busy month in the ETF industry, highlighting a handful of first-to-market product launches as well covering new developments impacting key industry players. We also recap last month’s actionable investment ideas in addition to offering new recommendations for the coming months and covering the biggest movers in the previous month. Highlights include:
- Feature Article: In a new addition to Edge, we take a closer look at the ETF industry and discuss the recent summer slowdown in new product launches. We also take a peek in the product pipeline to see if issuers are just holding out until Fall, or if the explosive growth in the industry is finally cooling down a bit.
- Heard On The Street: Although the number of launches may be down, the ETF space remains busy with activity on a number of fronts. Investors can read this section to find all the latest information on changes to HOLDRS and ELEMENTS products as well as a look at funds just put into the pipeline.
- Actionable ETF Investment Ideas: The markets seem to be falling off a cliff and we take a closer look at our recommendations from the previous month, two of which beat the ETFdb 60 Index. We also highlight four ideas for investors to consider in September as well, potentially giving traders some ways to play the market in this important month.
- Coming and Going: Although the pace of expansion may have slowed significantly, there were still a number of interesting products that launched in the industry. In this section, we highlight some of the newest emerging market, equal weight, and retirement funds, that hit the market over the past four weeks.
- Sector and Region Outlook: The pricing multiples in both U.S. sectors and global region ETFs continue to slip, however, there are certainly still opportunities for yield-hungry investors who can stomach the risk.
- Spotlight: In light of gold’s record run, we take a closer look at an overlooked way to play the hot yellow metal via equities. This Global X product offers an indirect play on the precious metal and could appeal to those seeking more pure exposure to gold mining firms.
Pro members can read the entire newsletter online here, as well as access our newest model portfolio, the Simple (But Effective) Safe Haven ETFdb Portfolio.If you’re not an ETFdb Pro member yet, you can learn more or get a free 7-day trial of ETFdb Pro here.