An updated version of the ETFdb iPhone app sponsored by Guggenheim is now available on iTunes. The latest version includes more than 1,200 ETPs with capabilities to filter the rapidly-growing universe by a number of different descriptive data fields. The latest version allows investors to filter ETFs by six criteria, including:
- Issuer: View the complete lineups of more than 30 different issuers
- ETFdb Category: Sort by more than 60 best fit categories, such as Latin America Equities and Precious Metals
- Region: Investors can sort equity ETFs by both broad regions (such as Emerging Markets or Asia Pacific) and specific countries and regions (such as Japan or Andean)
- Sector: This screen for equity ETFs includes both general sectors (such as Telecom or Materials) and more narrow sub-sectors (such as Airlines or Platinum Miners)
- Bond Type: Includes more than a dozen options, such as Junk Bonds, Emerging Markets, and Treasuries
- Commodity Type: For those interested in commodity ETPs, this filter allow for quick identification of all products offering exposure to a specific natural resource (from Aluminum to White Metals).
Each screen shows all the U.S.-listed ETFs that meet the selected criteria, along with basic information such as issuer, expense ratio, and ETFdb Category.
Like previous releases, the latest version of the ETFdb iPhone app is available 100% free thanks to the sponsorship of Guggenheim.
Coming Soon: Droid App
There’s even some good news for the ETF investors out there with Android mobile phones; the free ETFdb Droid app is in the final stages of development, and is scheduled to launch in early July.