The May 2012 issue of ETF Edge, the premium monthly ETF Newsletter, is now available to ETFdb Pro subscribers. This month’s issue includes a look back at a choppy month for markets, highlighting some noteworthy developments and pointing out apparent opportunities in the current economic environment. Also included with the ETFdb Pro subscription is access to more than 40 all-ETF model portfolios, including both retirement-focused and more tactical themed strategies [a free sample of the Emerging & Frontier Markets ETFdb Portfolio is available to all ETFdb readers].
Highlights from the May edition of ETF Edge include:
- Actionable ETF Investment Ideas: Our team of analysts looks back on how our April predictions played out while also taking the time to recommend several new actionable ETF investment ideas for the month ahead.
- Coming and Going: In this section, we highlight the investment thesis behind each new ETP that launched in April.
- ETF Spotlight: In this segment we highlight an ETF that is flying under the radars of most investors, but that may present an intriguing investment option in the current environment. This month’s spotlight focuses on a first-to-market bond ETF which gives investors a creative way to tap into the high yield debt market.
- Sector & Region Outlook: In this section, we take a look at pricing multiples across the U.S. economy and around the world, pointing out some noteworthy developments.
- Inside The ETFdb 60 Index: We take a look at the biggest gainers and losers in our all-ETF index from the past month.
- Now Is The Season To: The Fed has affirmed its position to keep interest rates at historically low levels until late 2014; as such, this section takes a look at ETFs which are designed to combat inflation by seeking to generate a real rate of return.
- ETF Performance Database: This section includes year-to-date performance and expense data for all 1,400+ U.S.-listed ETFs, organized by ETFdb Category.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.