Here is a look at ETFs that are seeing a meaningful uptick in trading activity. The ETFs included in this list are rated as big volume prospects for two reasons. First, the five-day average trading volume for each of these funds exceeds its respective 200-day average trading volume.
Second, and more importantly, each of these ETFs has seen its five-day volume increase by more than five-times its historical average, as represented by the trailing 200-days of trading activity. Note that a number of the prospects that make it on this list are young ETFs that are finally gaining traction and seeing an uptick in buying volumes. This list also captures more established funds that have seen a significant spike in trading volumes for one reason or another; traders can use this to identify opportunities that may continue to experience positive momentum and to identify potential reversals when price and volume trends are diverging.
Note that this prospects list does not include a liquidity screen; instead, it focuses on all meaningful trading volume increases over the last five days. As always, investors of all experience levels are advised to use stop-loss orders and practice disciplined profit-taking techniques.
To get access to all ETF Insider recommendations, sign up for a free 14-day trial of ETFdb Pro.
Pro Membership Required to Continue ReadingTo continue reading this article, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETF Insider weekly & actionable ideas packed with regular updates and analysis on all major asset classes, includes recommendations for active traders.
Follow me on Twitter @SBojinov
[For more ETF analysis, make sure to sign up for our free ETF newsletter]
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.