Stocks are off to a quiet start this week as more earnings reports and FOMC comments on Wednesday set the scene for a potentially wild week of trading on Wall Street. Furthermore, investors have their eyes set on the July employment numbers, which are slated to hit the street on Friday at the opening bell [see also 3 Active ETFs Beating The Market].
The “Market Radar” is a new addition to ETF Insider which covers all of the major asset classes, featuring both historical as well as forward-looking analysis for ETFdb Pro subscribers on a weekly basis.
In the “Marder Radar” below, please note that the first seven columns are trailing returns across various time periods; the “Big Bottom” column refers to the last major low in the U.S. market while the “Recent Bottom” column refers to the most recent pullback on Wall Street. Next, the “Current Trend” column refers to the ongoing 1-year price pattern for each asset class.
The last remaining columns in the Market Radar are perhaps the most valuable ones as they are forward-looking in nature. “Trend Drivers” looks to identify the single most important qualitative reason behind the “Current Trend” direction. The “Signposts” column lists potential headwinds and catalysts to keep an eye out for that may trigger a reversal not yet picked up in our “Current Trend” reading. Lastly, the “Actionable Ideas” column offers specific trading strategy and candidates suggestions.
To get access to all ETF Insider recommendations, sign up for a free 14-day trial of ETFdb Pro.
Pro Membership Required to Continue ReadingTo continue reading this article, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETF Insider weekly & actionable ideas packed with regular updates and analysis on all major asset classes, includes recommendations for active traders.
Follow me on Twitter @SBojinov
[For more ETF analysis, make sure to sign up for our free ETF newsletter]
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.