U.S. benchmarks took a pause this week and pulled back from recent highs, as fears over global data and tensions in Ukraine sparked a harsh sell-off on Thursday. For now, investors and analysts will hold their breath as they await the latest comments from the Fed that will come on Wednesday of next week. The ETF world saw a flurry activity this week as six new funds debuted, including a new high yield bond ETF from State Street.
Below, we highlight seven insightful articles circulating around the financial space this week:
- Debunking the Easy Money Myth (The Reformed Broker)
- The Active ETF world catches fire (WSJ)
- A guide to securities lending and how it works in ETFs (Morningstar)
- Be wary of smart beta ETFs (ETF.com)
- Understanding the wage fear and why it is unfounded (Paul Krugman)
- The myths and realities of America’s debt (CNN Money)
- Behind Google’s upcoming stock split and why the S&P 500 will now have 501 stocks (Forbes)
Follow me on Twitter @JaredCummans.
[For more ETF analysis, make sure to sign up for our free ETF newsletter]
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.