Investors digested a slew of economic data this week, as well as the Fed’s latest policy statement. On Thursday, the central bank pulled back to $55 billion from $65 billion for its monthly bond-buying program. The Fed also eliminated the reference to the 6.5% unemployment rate as a threshold to consider raising rates; furthermore, several Fed officials projected that their first increase in interest rates will come in 2015. In other news, President Obama announced his executive order allowing U.S. to impose sanctions on key sectors of the Russian economy [see The Fed Effect: How Monetary Policy Impacts Your ETFs].
Below, we highlight seven insightful articles circulating around the financial space this week:
- The case for technical analysis (All Star Charts)
- What Mohamed El-Erian says about the latest Fed meeting (CNBC)
- Deciphering the “buzzwords” on Wall Street (Aswath Damodaran)
- 6 IRA mistakes to avoid (Morningstar)
- 5 reasons your bear market plans could backfire (Short Takes)
- The future of American coal (WSJ)
- The evolution of finance theory (Research Affiliates)
Follow me on Twitter @DPylypczak.
Disclosure: No positions at time of writing.