ETF Edge: April 2012
Welcome to the April edition of ETF Edge! Bullish forces remain dominant on Wall Street as investor confidence continues to gradually improve at the back of encouraging economic data. With GDP coming in at a respectable 3% and steady improvements in the labor market, it’s no wonder that U.S. equities have continued their trek higher since the start of 2012. Concerns over European debt woes have also eased up, allowing for optimism to rebuild overseas.
The ETF industry is continuing to grow and evolve alongside prevailing upward momentum on Wall Street. ETF issuers, big and small, are continuing to roll out new funds and fill up the product development pipeline with exciting offerings to come. Inside ETF Edge, we feature actionable ETF investment ideas and also break down the best and worst performers to date this year; our databank of over 1,400 exchange-traded products provides a flexible resource for investors to analyze the performance and products available in every ETFdb Category.
Here’s a look at what’s inside this month’s ETF Edge:
- Actionable ETF Investment Ideas: Our team of analysts looks back on how our March predictions played out while also taking the time to outline several new actionable ETF investment ideas for the weeks ahead.
- Coming and Going: In this section, we highlight the investment thesis behind each new ETP that launched in March, and also discuss which type of investors may be interested in some of the latest additions to the lineup.
- ETF Spotlight: In this segment we highlight an ETF that is flying under the radars of most investors, but that may present an intriguing investment option in the current environment. This month’s spotlight focuses on a fairly new long-short ETF that allows investors to make a creative bet against equity markets.
- Sector & Region Outlook: In this section, we take a look at pricing multiples across the U.S. economy and around the world, pointing out some noteworthy developments.
- Inside The ETFdb 60 Index: We take a look at the biggest gainers and losers in our all-ETF index from the past month.
- Now Is The Season To: This section takes a look at ETFs offering exposure to an asset class which is known for offering equity market returns along with the current income stream and lower volatility associated with bonds.
- ETF Performance Database: Year-to-date performance and expense data for all 1,400+ U.S.-listed ETFs, organized by ETFdb Category.