ETF Edge: April 2013
Welcome to the April edition of ETF Edge! As the markets continued their surge forward–with the S&P 500 and Dow Jones Industrial Average both reaching record highs–there were only some minor bumps on the upward path last month. Nonetheless, major equity benchmarks remain stable and in a clear uptrend, even as trouble brews once again in the Eurozone.
Inside ETF Edge, we feature products flying under the radar and also break down the best and worst performers to date this year; our databank of over 1,400 exchange-traded products provides a flexible resource for investors and advisors to analyze the performance and products available in every ETFdb Category. Here’s a look at what’s inside this month’s ETF Edge:
- Coming and Going: In this section, we highlight the investment thesis behind each new ETP that launched this past month.
- ETF Spotlight: In this segment we highlight an ETF that is flying under the radars of most investors, but which may present an intriguing investment option in the current environment; this edition focuses on a different kind of currency ETF from PIMCO.
- Sector & Region Outlook: In this section, we take a look at pricing multiples across the U.S. economy and around the world, pointing out some noteworthy developments.
- Inside The ETFdb 60 Index: We take a look at the biggest gainers and losers in our all-ETF index from the past month.
- Now Is The Season To: This month we cover sector rotation ETFs, designed for investors who want to favorably position their portfolios no matter what the prevailing market environment may hold in store.
- ETF Performance Database: Year-to-date performance and expense data for all 1,400+ U.S.-listed ETFs, organized by ETFdb Category.