ETF Edge: August 2013
Welcome to the August edition of ETF Edge! The bulls stepped back into the driver’s seat this month following the steep pullback in the second half of July on Wall Street. Fed officials reassured investors that they wouldn’t scale back on bond-repurchases prematurely and risk derailing the recovery at home; the bulls responded back with aggressive buying that bolstered major U.S. indexes into all-time highs yet again. Overseas, slow growth remains the headline concern in China, which continues to suppress commodity prices and emerging markets equities around the globe.
Inside ETF Edge, we feature products flying under the radar and also break down the best and worst performers to date this year; our databank of over 1,400 exchange-traded products provides a flexible resource for investors and advisors to analyze the performance and products available in every ETFdb Category. Here’s a look at what’s inside this month’s ETF Edge:
- Coming and Going: In this section, we highlight the investment thesis behind each new ETP that launched this past month.
- ETF Spotlight: In this segment we highlight an ETF that is flying under the radars of most investors, but which may present an intriguing investment option in the current environment; this edition focuses on a unique fund that attempts to combine the best of value and growth investing in a single wrapper.
- Sector & Region Outlook: In this section, we take a look at pricing multiples across the U.S. economy and around the world, pointing out some noteworthy developments.
- Inside The ETFdb 60 Index: We take a look at the biggest gainers and losers in our all-ETF index from the past month.
- Now Is The Season To: This month we cover China Sector ETFs, which are very beat down at the moment, but still present a lucrative opportunity for long-term investors looking to diversify geographically.
- ETF Performance Database: Year-to-date performance and expense data for all 1,400+ U.S.-listed ETFs, organized by ETFdb Category.