ETF Edge: December 2012
Welcome to the December edition of ETF Edge! The market had a slow beginning this month due to Hurricane Sandy and election worries across the U.S., although record consumer spending this Black Friday and Cyber Monday has pushed companies back into the green. The fiscal cliff is still on everyones’ mind, but talks of compromise in the House are reassuring signs for tax wary investors, while the European Union remains plagued with debt drama and lackluster economic growth.
Slow trading on Wall Street wasn’t enough to discourage several new launches along with a handful of product proposals. Inside ETF Edge, we feature products flying under the radar and also break down the best and worst performers to date this year; our databank of over 1,400 exchange-traded products provides a flexible resource for investors and advisors to analyze the performance and products available in every ETFdb Category. Here’s a look at what’s inside this month’s ETF Edge:
- Coming and Going: In this section, we highlight the investment thesis behind each new ETP that launched this past month.
- ETF Spotlight: In this segment we highlight an ETF that is flying under the radars of most investors, but that may present an intriguing investment option in the current environment. This month’s spotlight covers a one-of-a-kind technology fund, focused on dividend paying companies with great growth potential.
- Sector & Region Outlook: In this section, we take a look at pricing multiples across the U.S. economy and around the world, pointing out some noteworthy developments.
- Inside The ETFdb 60 Index: We take a look at the biggest gainers and losers in our all-ETF index from the past month.
- Now Is The Season To: This month we cover Build America Bonds, for investors who see the domestic economic recovery taking root and want a piece of the action.
- ETF Performance Database: Year-to-date performance and expense data for all 1,400+ U.S.-listed ETFs, organized by ETFdb Category.