ETF Spotlight: December 2012
Each month, we highlight an ETF flying under the radar of most investors that offers exposure to a unique asset class or investment strategy. This month, we take a closer look at a different kind of tech ETF from FirstTrust, which provides exposure to dividend paying technology stocks while offering great future growth potential. The NASDAQ Technology Dividend Index Fund (TDIV) offers a unique risk/return profile that warrants a closer look under the hood.
Technology firms can offer amazing returns for bold investors, but more often they will fail to impress. Notorious for not offering dividends, most high growth technology firms would rather reinvest their revenues in the company, and stock holders rarely seek out this corner of the market for current income.
Pro Membership Required to Continue ReadingTo continue reading this article, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETF Insider weekly & actionable ideas packed with regular updates and analysis on all major asset classes, includes recommendations for active traders.