ETF Edge: February 2013
Welcome to the February edition of ETF Edge! The first trading month of the new year shaped out be quite bullish for equity markets as improving sentiment over the global recovery paved the way higher for risky assets. Upbeat corporate earnings at home helped to keep euphoria levels elevated as major stock benchmarks marched to five-year highs amid growing optimism.
Inside ETF Edge, we feature products flying under the radar and also break down the best and worst performers to date this year; our databank of over 1,400 exchange-traded products provides a flexible resource for investors and advisors to analyze the performance and products available in every ETFdb Category. Here’s a look at what’s inside this month’s ETF Edge:
- Coming and Going: In this section, we highlight the investment thesis behind each new ETP that launched this past month.
- ETF Spotlight: In this segment we highlight an ETF that is flying under the radars of most investors, but that may present an intriguing investment option in the current environment; this month’s spotlight covers a dynamic multi-asset ETF.
- Sector & Region Outlook: In this section, we take a look at pricing multiples across the U.S. economy and around the world, pointing out some noteworthy developments.
- Inside The ETFdb 60 Index: We take a look at the biggest gainers and losers in our all-ETF index from the past month.
- Now Is The Season To: This month we cover S&P 500 ETFs that have a twisted take on the index, for investors who want to maintain exposure to large cap equities with a hedge.
- ETF Performance Database: Year-to-date performance and expense data for all 1,400+ U.S.-listed ETFs, organized by ETFdb Category.