ETF Spotlight: January 2013
Each month, we highlight an ETF flying under the radar of most investors that offers exposure to a unique asset class or investment strategy. This month, we take a closer look at a different kind of ETN from Barclays, which provides exposure to unsecured debt securities of large cap equities, hand picked through the Shiller CAPE index. The Barclays ETN + Shiller CAPE ETN (CAPE) offers a unique risk/return profile that warrants a closer look under the hood.
Large cap equity firms can offer safe and secure returns for the less risky investors, but more often they will fail to impress and a portfolio of large caps will follow the general market trend. Beating the general market is the goal of every investor, and Dr Robert Shiller thinks he has developed an index with Barclays that does just that.
Pro Membership Required to Continue ReadingTo continue reading this article, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETF Insider weekly & actionable ideas packed with regular updates and analysis on all major asset classes, includes recommendations for active traders.