ETF Edge: July 2012
Welcome to the July edition of ETF Edge! Improving confidence and a bounce back for stocks around the globe was the theme in June. Investors were happy to see European leaders continuing to move forward with bringing stability to the fiscally fragile currency bloc, although concerns over Spain and Italy’s borrowing costs remain a viable threat to the global economic growth expectations. Confidence on the home front was also bolstered by the Fed’s decision to continue with “Operation Twist” as well as encouraging comments from Chairman Bernanke that more stimulus measures are still on the table.
Amidst another choppy, although positive, month on Wall Steet, ETF issuers continued to beef up their product lineups with exciting first-to-market offerings. Inside ETF Edge, we feature actionable ETF investment ideas and also break down the best and worst performers to date this year; our databank of over 1,400 exchange-traded products provides a flexible resource for investors and advisors to analyze the performance and products available in every ETFdb Category.
Here’s a look at what’s inside this month’s ETF Edge:
- Actionable ETF Investment Ideas: Our team of analysts recaps the performance of last month’s recommendations while also taking the time to offer new actionable ETF investment ideas for the month ahead.
- Coming and Going: In this section, we highlight the investment thesis behind each new ETP that launched in June.
- ETF Spotlight: In this segment we highlight an ETF that is flying under the radars of most investors, but that may present an intriguing investment option in the current environment. This month’s spotlight focuses on a new ETF that makes it easy and cost-effective to mimic the investment strategies of the biggest hedge funds and institutional money managers in the market.
- Sector & Region Outlook: In this section, we take a look at pricing multiples across the U.S. economy and around the world, pointing out some noteworthy developments.
- Inside The ETFdb 60 Index: We take a look at the biggest gainers and losers in our all-ETF index from the past month.
- Now Is The Season To: With risk appetites gradually starting to increase again, we take a closer look at several ETFs offering exposure to a corner of the technology sector that may offer a compelling investment case for those looking to make lucrative, higher-risk plays.
- ETF Performance Database: Year-to-date performance and expense data for all 1,400+ U.S.-listed ETFs, organized by ETFdb Category.