ETF Edge: June 2013
Welcome to the June edition of ETF Edge! The bulls kept their foot on the gas all of last month and major U.S. equity indexes continued their ascent into previously uncharted territory. Upbeat economic data at home kept optimistic outlooks afloat while talks of cutting austerity in Europe also helped to rekindle growth prospects for the otherwise gloomy region. Investors’ confidence was a little rattled, however, following the latest FOMC minutes, as policymakers discussed potentially scaling back on stimulus measures sooner than many had anticipated.
Inside ETF Edge, we feature products flying under the radar and also break down the best and worst performers to date this year; our databank of over 1,400 exchange-traded products provides a flexible resource for investors and advisors to analyze the performance and products available in every ETFdb Category. Here’s a look at what’s inside this month’s ETF Edge:
- Coming and Going: In this section, we highlight the investment thesis behind each new ETP that launched this past month.
- ETF Spotlight: In this segment we highlight an ETF that is flying under the radars of most investors, but which may present an intriguing investment option in the current environment; this edition focuses on an innovative Dividend ETF that goes far and beyond focusing on yield.
- Sector & Region Outlook: In this section, we take a look at pricing multiples across the U.S. economy and around the world, pointing out some noteworthy developments.
- Inside The ETFdb 60 Index: We take a look at the biggest gainers and losers in our all-ETF index from the past month.
- Now Is The Season To: This month we cover floating-rate bond ETFs, which stand to offer a compelling opportunity at the moment for defensive investors looking to maintain a fixed-income position without overexposing themselves to the inherent interest rate risk.
- ETF Performance Database: Year-to-date performance and expense data for all 1,400+ U.S.-listed ETFs, organized by ETFdb Category.