ETF Edge: March 2012
Welcome to the March edition of ETF Edge! The bulls have continued their stampede on Wall Street as sentiment and growth expectations have continued to steadily improve. Euro zone debt woes have cooled off as lawmakers in the region have demonstrated their commitment to ensuring stability. Economic data on the home front has taken center stage as better-than-expected reports from all fronts have bolstered confidence. The labor and housing markets are continuing their slow recovery, while a stronger than expected uptick in consumer confidence coupled with robust GDP growth of 3% have all helped to keep euphoria levels elevated.
The ETF industry is continuing to grow and evolve alongside bullish momentum building in the markets. Industry veterans and newcomers alike are making plans to beef up their product lineups with exciting product proposals while continuing to roll out first-to-market funds. Inside ETF Edge, we feature actionable ETF investment ideas and break down the best and worst performers to date this year; our databank of over 1,400 exchange-traded products provides a flexible resource for investors to analyze the performance or products in every ETFdb Category.
Here’s a look at what’s inside this month’s ETF Edge:
- Actionable ETF Investment Ideas: Our team of experts looks back on how our February predictions played out while also taking the time to outline new actionable investment ideas going forward.
- ETF Spotlight: In this segment we highlight an ETF that is flying under the radars of most investors, but that may present an intriguing investment option in the current environment. This month’s spotlight focuses on a unique long-short ETF that takes an active approach in delivering stable returns in all market conditions.
- Sector & Region Outlook: In this section, we take a look at pricing multiples across the U.S. economy and around the world, pointing out some noteworthy developments.
- Inside The ETFdb 60 Index: We take a look at the biggest gainers and losers in our all-ETF index from the past month.
- Now Is The Season To: This section takes a look at several emerging market ETFs from a corner of the globe that is known for delivering lucrative returns to those who can stomach the risk.
- ETF Performance Database: Year-to-date performance and expense data for all 1,400+ U.S.-listed ETFs, organized by ETFdb Category.