ETF Edge: March 2013
Welcome to the March edition of ETF Edge! The bull train hit a few road bumps on Wall Street last month as long-overdue profit taking pressures swept in. Nonetheless, major equity benchmarks remain on track to climb higher as buyers have stepped in virtually after every pullback amid upbeat economic reports both at home and overseas.
Inside ETF Edge, we feature products flying under the radar and also break down the best and worst performers to date this year; our databank of over 1,400 exchange-traded products provides a flexible resource for investors and advisors to analyze the performance and products available in every ETFdb Category. Here’s a look at what’s inside this month’s ETF Edge:
- Coming and Going: In this section, we highlight the investment thesis behind each new ETP that launched this past month.
- ETF Spotlight: In this segment we highlight an ETF that is flying under the radars of most investors, but that may present an intriguing investment option in the current environment; this edition focuses on a one-of-a-kind forensic accounting ETF.
- Sector & Region Outlook: In this section, we take a look at pricing multiples across the U.S. economy and around the world, pointing out some noteworthy developments.
- Inside The ETFdb 60 Index: We take a look at the biggest gainers and losers in our all-ETF index from the past month.
- Now Is The Season To: This month we cover targeted consumer discretionary ETFs, for investors who want to favorably position their portfolios in anticipation of a strong consumer market rebound across developed and emerging markets.
- ETF Performance Database: Year-to-date performance and expense data for all 1,400+ U.S.-listed ETFs, organized by ETFdb Category.