ETF Edge: May 2013
Welcome to the May edition of ETF Edge! Stocks continued their impressive rally last month although profit taking pressures swooped in eventually as economic data releases gave the bears a reason to resurface. Sluggish durable goods data and worse-than-expected GDP growth collided with largely upbeat corporate earnings, making for a very choppy month of trading.
Inside ETF Edge, we feature products flying under the radar and also break down the best and worst performers to date this year; our databank of over 1,400 exchange-traded products provides a flexible resource for investors and advisors to analyze the performance and products available in every ETFdb Category. Here’s a look at what’s inside this month’s ETF Edge:
- Coming and Going: In this section, we highlight the investment thesis behind each new ETP that launched this past month.
- ETF Spotlight: In this segment we highlight an ETF that is flying under the radars of most investors, but which may present an intriguing investment option in the current environment; this edition focuses on a truly unique High Yield Bond ETF from Van Eck.
- Sector & Region Outlook: In this section, we take a look at pricing multiples across the U.S. economy and around the world, pointing out some noteworthy developments.
- Inside The ETFdb 60 Index: We take a look at the biggest gainers and losers in our all-ETF index from the past month.
- Now Is The Season To: This month we cover precious metal basket ETFs, which stand to offer a compelling opportunity at the moment for risk-tolerant investors looking to take advantage of the recent sell-off in this corner of the commodity market.
- ETF Performance Database: Year-to-date performance and expense data for all 1,400+ U.S.-listed ETFs, organized by ETFdb Category.