ETF Spotlight: May 2013
Each month, we highlight an ETF flying under the radar that offers exposure to a unique asset class or investment strategy. This month, we take a closer look at a hedged bond ETF that offers exposure to below investment grade corporate bonds, which are hedged against rising interest rates.
There are currently 26 exchange-traded products that exclusively focus on high yield bonds, with a range of twists on this growing sector. However, few have taken the unique approach of hedging their risky bets with a more stable strategy, making Van Eck’s Market Vectors Treasury-Hedged High Yield Bond ETF (THHY, C) an interesting fund.
Pro Membership Required to Continue ReadingTo continue reading this article, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETF Insider weekly & actionable ideas packed with regular updates and analysis on all major asset classes, includes recommendations for active traders.