ETF Edge: October 2012
Welcome to the October edition of ETF Edge! Bullish forces prevailed on Wall Street last month as the announcement of QE3 bolstered confidence levels and welcomed back buyer. Overseas, progress remains slows, and as such, looming European debt drama continues to be a major culprit for inspiring short-lived profit taking waves on the home front. Euro zone leaders have however passed the European Stability Mechanism, which allows for further flexibility when it comes to implementing ongoing government bond repurchase efforts; policymakers have also agreed to joint oversight of the region’s banking sector, marking a noteworthy development along the arduous path to ensuring stability.
Encouraging price action on Wall Street throughout September inspired several issuers to beef up their product lineups and also others to fill the development pipeline. Inside ETF Edge, we feature actionable ETF investment ideas and also break down the best and worst performers to date this year; our databank of over 1,400 exchange-traded products provides a flexible resource for investors and advisors to analyze the performance and products available in every ETFdb Category. Here’s a look at what’s inside this month’s ETF Edge:
- Actionable ETF Investment Ideas: Our team of analysts looks back on how our September recommendations played out while also taking the time to outline several new actionable ETF investment ideas for the weeks ahead.
- Coming and Going: In this section, we highlight the investment thesis behind each new ETP that launched this past month.
- ETF Spotlight: In this segment we highlight an ETF that is flying under the radars of most investors, but that may present an intriguing investment option in the current environment. This month’s spotlight focuses on an active ETF which looks to utilize several technical indicators to deliver positive risk-adjusted returns.
- Sector & Region Outlook: In this section, we take a look at pricing multiples across the U.S. economy and around the world, pointing out some noteworthy developments.
- Inside The ETFdb 60 Index: We take a look at the biggest gainers and losers in our all-ETF index from the past month.
- Now Is The Season To: With more and more positive developments taking root in the European currency bloc, we look to highlight a pair of ETFs that can potentially rake in stellar profits.
- ETF Performance Database: Year-to-date performance and expense data for all 1,400+ U.S.-listed ETFs, organized by ETFdb Category.