5 ETF Experts You Need To Follow On Twitter
Social media has quickly become an essential part of our society. These mediums are not only used for personal reasons, but they serve an important purpose in the business world, as a number of companies have taken to these sites to help grow their product. That being said, it can be easy to fall behind the curve on popular sites like Twitter, which utilizes a public update system that allows users to see “tweets” of up to 140 characters from some of their favorite experts [see also Facebook and The Social Media ETF (SOCL)].
When it comes to the importance of Twitter, the ETF industry is no exception. There are a number of people and institutions that can help you stay ahead of the curve when it comes to ETF investing, as their tweets can provide concise but vital information on the industry. Below, we outline five must-follows on Twitter for anyone who considers themselves a part of the ETF industry. Don’t forget to follow me @JaredCummans and ETF Database @ETFdb for up to the minute news on ETFs.
- ETF Daily News @ETFDAILYNEWS: ETF Daily News is a site that aggregates ETF articles from all over the web onto one, easy to read, source. With dozens of articles a week from various experts, this site is an essential follow and can give you insights into the industry that you may have otherwise missed. Following ETF Daily News can also help you find specific resources that are the most useful to you and your investment objectives.
- Index Universe @IndexUniverse: Another heavy hitter in the ETF world, IU is great about releasing up to date information on the ETF world. Their tweets often include information on newly launching ETFs as well as general commentary on the industry.
- Christian Magoon @ChristianMagoon: Christian Magoon is the CEO of Magoon Capital and a very knowledgeable source on all things ETF. In fact, he was dubbed the “ETF Pioneer” by Financial Planning last October. His articles can be seen on a number of different sources, but following his Twitter is the best way to keep up with his work and all of the info he has to offer.
- Ron Rowland @RonRowland: Ron Rowland has been providing market commentary for over 10 years; this extensive experience makes him one of the most trusted sources for ETF news. One of his staple pieces is the “ETF Deathwatch”, a regularly-updated article that includes all ETFs that are in danger of closing for one reason or another.
- Gary Gordon @ETFexpert: Gary Gordon is the president of Pacific Park Financial and has more than 22 years of experience as a personal coach in “money matters”. He also has a background in teaching financial concepts in areas like Mexico, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the US. Mr. Gordon’s twitter feed is chock-full of important ETF commentary that any investors would do well to carefully consider.