BLV - Long-Term Bond ETF
Description: The Barclays Capital Long Government/Credit Index measures the investment return of all medium and larger public issues of U.S. Treasury, agency, investment-grade corporate, and investment-grade international dollar-denominated bonds with maturities longer than 10 years. The average maturity is approximately 20 years.
BLV - Profile
BLV - Holdings
Top Ten Holdings
- US Treasury Bond 3.625%: 2.49%
- US Treasury Bond 2.75%: 2.03%
- US Treasury Bond 3.125%: 1.98%
- US Treasury Bond 2.75%: 1.86%
- US Treasury Bond 4.25%: 1.72%
- US Treasury Bond 3.75%: 1.63%
- US Treasury Bond 4.75%: 1.54%
- US Treasury Bond 4.375%: 1.26%
- US Treasury Bond 3%: 1.14%
- US Treasury Bond 3.125%: 1.10%
BLV Asset Allocation
BLV Bond Sector Breakdown
BLV Bond Detailed Sector Breakdown
|Cash And Equivalents||0.26%|
|Agency Mortgage Backed||0.2%|
|Non Agency Residential Mortgage Backed||0.0%|
|Commercial Mortgage Backed||0.0%|
|US Municipal Tax Advantaged||0.0%|
BLV Coupon Breakdown
|0% to 1%||0.1%|
|1% to 2%||0.0%|
|2% to 3%||6.91%|
|3% to 4%||12.13%|
|4% to 5%||20.36%|
|5% to 6%||21.63%|
|6% to 7%||26.1%|
|7% to 8%||8.4%|
|8% to 9%||3.2%|
|9% to 10%||0.39%|
|Greater Than 10%||0.49%|
BLV Credit Quality
BLV Maturity Breakdown
|Less Than 1 Year||0.0%|
BLV - Fact Sheet
Fact sheets are issued by the ETF provider and framed by ETFdb.com. Information contained within the fact sheet is not guaranteed to be timely or accurate.Download the PDF
Having trouble viewing?
Visit Adobe.com to install Adobe Acrobat Viewer.
BLV - Charts
The following charts can be customized to display historical performance in a number of different formats, including line charts, bar charts, and candlesticks. Time periods can be adjusted to increase or decrease the period shown, ranging from five minutes to several months.
The following chart also includes the option to compare the performance of BLV relative to other ETFs and benchmarks or to include indicators such as Bollinger Bands, relative strength, and moving averages.
BLV - Fundamentals
BLV Expenses & Fees
BLV - Technicals
BLV Bollinger Bands
BLV Support & Resistance
BLV - ETFdb Realtime Rating & Analyst Report
BLV is a passive ETF that seeks to replicate Barclays U.S. Long Government/Credit Float Adjusted Index. The Barclays Capital Long Government/Credit Index measures the investment return of all medium and larger public issues of U.S. Treasury, agency, investment-grade corporate, and investment-grade international dollar-denominated bonds with maturities longer than 10 years. The average maturity is approximately 20 years.
|ETFdb Category||Expense Ratio||Inception Date||Issuer||Structure||YTD Return *|
|Total Bond Market||0.11||2007-04-03||Vanguard||ETF||+8.05%|
BLV Realtime Rating: By Metric
|Metric||Metric Realtime Rating||A+ Metric Rated ETF|
The first adjacent table gives investors an individual Realtime Rating for BLV on several different metrics, including liquidity, expenses, performance, volatility, dividend, and concentration of holdings. The "A+ Metric Rated ETF" field, available to ETFdb Pro members, shows the ETF in the Total Bond Market ETFdb Category with the highest Metric Realtime Rating for each individual field.
BLV Realtime Rating: Overall
|ETFdb Rating Type||Overall Rating||A+ Overall Rated ETF|
|Realtime Rating (Overall)|
The second table shows the overall Realtime Rating for BLV, as well as the A+ Overall Rated ETF in BLV's Category. To view all of this data, sign up for a free 14-day trial for ETFdb Pro. To view information on how the ETFdb Realtime Ratings work, click here.
ETFdb Analyst Report for BLV
This popular ETF offers exposure to the long end of the maturity curve, with exposure to all types of bonds that have maturities greater than 10 years. BLV is heavy on both interest rate risk and credit risk, and as such will generally deliver a relatively high expected return. BLV can be a quali...
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
To view the entire ETFdb Realtime Rating, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. To see all that is included in the ETFdb Realtime Rating, see the free previews of ten of the most popular ETFs: SPY, GLD, VWO, EFA, EEM, IVV, QQQ, TIP, VTI, LQD . Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Get valuable insight from our analysts in the ETFdb Category reports, with in-depth breakdown every ETF niche, large or small.
- Get portfolio guidance on nearly every possible investor scenario and include detailed information on risk profiles, asset correlation, portfolio management, and more.
- Get access to our premium monthly newsletter ETF Edge.
- Gain access to premium research reports covering popular sectors of the ETF industry.
- Read in-depth monthly Q&A's with our Senior Analyst Michael Johnston.
- Use the ETFdb Pro Screener to screen ETFs according to your own customized parameters, then download the results in Microsoft Excel format.
- Get 100% access to the ETF Head-To-Head Comparison Tool, a resource that shows how more than 1,100 ETFs stack up against the competition in terms of performance, holdings, and technical strength.