CMBS - iShares CMBS ETF
Description: The index measures the performance of investment-grade commercial mortgage-backed securities, which are classes of securities that represent interests in pools of commercial mortgages. The index includes only CMBS that are Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, which will deem ERISA eligible the certificates with the first priority of principal repayment, as long as certain conditions are met, including the requirement that the certificates be rated in one of the three highest rating categories by Fitch, Inc., Moody’s Investors Services or Standard & Poor’s.
CMBS - Profile
CMBS - Holdings
Top Ten Holdings
- GREENWICH CAP CMBS 2007-GG9: 1.17%
- GS MTG COML 2007-GG10: 1.13%
- Jp Morgan Chase 2007-Cibc20 CMO: 1.06%
- JP MORGAN CHASE 2007-LDP10 5.42%: 1.05%
- Cd 2007-Cd5 Mtg Tr CMO: 1.03%
- LB-UBS CMBS 2006-C4: 1.01%
- Jp Morgan Com Mtg 2006-Cibc15 CMO: 1.00%
- JP MORGAN COM MTG 2006-LDP7: 0.97%
- Banc Amer Cmbs 2006-3 CMO: 0.96%
- MORGAN STANLEY CAP 2005-HQ6 4.989%: 0.93%
CMBS Asset Allocation
CMBS Bond Sector Breakdown
CMBS Bond Detailed Sector Breakdown
|Commercial Mortgage Backed||65.85%|
|Non Agency Residential Mortgage Backed||33.08%|
|Cash And Equivalents||1.07%|
|Agency Mortgage Backed||0.0%|
|US Municipal Tax Advantaged||0.0%|
CMBS Coupon Breakdown
|0% to 1%||0.53%|
|1% to 2%||2.15%|
|2% to 3%||6.28%|
|3% to 4%||9.57%|
|4% to 5%||12.47%|
|5% to 6%||62.35%|
|6% to 7%||5.59%|
|7% to 8%||0.0%|
|8% to 9%||0.0%|
|9% to 10%||0.0%|
|Greater Than 10%||0.0%|
CMBS Credit Quality
CMBS Maturity Breakdown
|Less Than 1 Year||0.0%|
CMBS - Fact Sheet
Fact sheets are issued by the ETF provider and framed by ETFdb.com. Information contained within the fact sheet is not guaranteed to be timely or accurate.Download the PDF
Having trouble viewing?
Visit Adobe.com to install Adobe Acrobat Viewer.
CMBS - Charts
The following charts can be customized to display historical performance in a number of different formats, including line charts, bar charts, and candlesticks. Time periods can be adjusted to increase or decrease the period shown, ranging from five minutes to several months.
The following chart also includes the option to compare the performance of CMBS relative to other ETFs and benchmarks or to include indicators such as Bollinger Bands, relative strength, and moving averages.
CMBS - Fundamentals
CMBS Expenses & Fees
CMBS - Technicals
CMBS Bollinger Bands
CMBS Support & Resistance
CMBS - ETFdb Realtime Rating & Analyst Report
CMBS is a passive ETF that seeks to replicate Barclays Capital U.S. CMBS (ERISA Only) Index. The index measures the performance of investment-grade commercial mortgage-backed securities, which are classes of securities that represent interests in pools of commercial mortgages. The index includes only CMBS that are Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974, which will deem ERISA eligible the certificates with the first priority of principal repayment, as long as certain conditions are met, including the requirement that the certificates be rated in one of the three highest rating categories by Fitch, Inc., Moody’s Investors Services or Standard & Poor’s.
|ETFdb Category||Expense Ratio||Inception Date||Issuer||Structure||YTD Return *|
|Mortgage Backed Securities||0.25||2012-02-16||iShares||ETF||+0.83%|
CMBS Realtime Rating: By Metric
|Metric||Metric Realtime Rating||A+ Metric Rated ETF|
The first adjacent table gives investors an individual Realtime Rating for CMBS on several different metrics, including liquidity, expenses, performance, volatility, dividend, and concentration of holdings. The "A+ Metric Rated ETF" field, available to ETFdb Pro members, shows the ETF in the Mortgage Backed Securities ETFdb Category with the highest Metric Realtime Rating for each individual field.
CMBS Realtime Rating: Overall
|ETFdb Rating Type||Overall Rating||A+ Overall Rated ETF|
|Realtime Rating (Overall)|
The second table shows the overall Realtime Rating for CMBS, as well as the A+ Overall Rated ETF in CMBS's Category. To view all of this data, sign up for a free 14-day trial for ETFdb Pro. To view information on how the ETFdb Realtime Ratings work, click here.
ETFdb Analyst Report for CMBS
This ETF offers targeted exposure to commercial mortgage-backed securities. CMBS separates itself from other offerings in the Mortgage Backed Securities ETFdb Category by focusing specifically on debt which is deemed to be “ERISA eligible”. This means that the underlying holdings must meet the mi...
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
To view the entire ETFdb Realtime Rating, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. To see all that is included in the ETFdb Realtime Rating, see the free previews of ten of the most popular ETFs: SPY, GLD, VWO, EFA, EEM, IVV, QQQ, TIP, VTI, LQD . Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Get valuable insight from our analysts in the ETFdb Category reports, with in-depth breakdown every ETF niche, large or small.
- Get portfolio guidance on nearly every possible investor scenario and include detailed information on risk profiles, asset correlation, portfolio management, and more.
- Get access to our premium monthly newsletter ETF Edge.
- Gain access to premium research reports covering popular sectors of the ETF industry.
- Read in-depth monthly Q&A's with our Senior Analyst Michael Johnston.
- Use the ETFdb Pro Screener to screen ETFs according to your own customized parameters, then download the results in Microsoft Excel format.
- Get 100% access to the ETF Head-To-Head Comparison Tool, a resource that shows how more than 1,100 ETFs stack up against the competition in terms of performance, holdings, and technical strength.