MTK - SPDR MS Technology
Description: The Morgan Stanley Technology Index is composed purely of electronics-based technology companies. The Technology Index was the first listed broad-market technology barometer dedicated exclusively to the electronics-based technology industry. The Technology Index comprises companies drawn from the following technology sub-sectors: computer services; design software; server software, PC software and new media; networking and telecom equipment; server hardware, PC hardware and peripherals; specialized systems; and semiconductors.
MTK - Profile
MTK - Holdings
Top Ten Holdings
- Hewlett-Packard Co HPQ: 4.56%
- Seagate Technology PLC STX: 3.87%
- Priceline.com, Inc. PCLN: 3.50%
- Applied Materials, Inc. AMAT: 3.41%
- Dell Inc DELL: 3.38%
- Microsoft Corporation MSFT: 3.31%
- Flextronics International, Ltd. FLEX: 3.26%
- Google, Inc. Class A GOOG: 3.24%
- Cisco Systems Inc CSCO: 3.20%
- Automatic Data Processing ADP: 3.14%
MTK Asset Allocation
MTK Sector Breakdown
MTK Market Cap Breakdown
MTK Region Breakdown
MTK Country Breakdown
MTK - Fact Sheet
Fact sheets are issued by the ETF provider and framed by ETFdb.com. Information contained within the fact sheet is not guaranteed to be timely or accurate.Download the PDF
Having trouble viewing?
Visit Adobe.com to install Adobe Acrobat Viewer.
MTK - Charts
The following charts can be customized to display historical performance in a number of different formats, including line charts, bar charts, and candlesticks. Time periods can be adjusted to increase or decrease the period shown, ranging from five minutes to several months.
The following chart also includes the option to compare the performance of MTK relative to other ETFs and benchmarks or to include indicators such as Bollinger Bands, relative strength, and moving averages.
MTK - Fundamentals
MTK Expenses & Fees
MTK - Technicals
MTK Bollinger Bands
MTK Support & Resistance
MTK - ETFdb Realtime Rating & Analyst Report
MTK is a passive ETF that seeks to replicate Morgan Stanley Technology Index. The Morgan Stanley Technology Index is composed purely of electronics-based technology companies. The Technology Index was the first listed broad-market technology barometer dedicated exclusively to the electronics-based technology industry. The Technology Index comprises companies drawn from the following technology sub-sectors: computer services; design software; server software, PC software and new media; networking and telecom equipment; server hardware, PC hardware and peripherals; specialized systems; and semiconductors.
|ETFdb Category||Expense Ratio||Inception Date||Issuer||Structure||YTD Return *|
|Technology Equities||0.5||2000-09-25||State Street SPDR||ETF||+27.86%|
MTK Realtime Rating: By Metric
|Metric||Metric Realtime Rating||A+ Metric Rated ETF|
The first adjacent table gives investors an individual Realtime Rating for MTK on several different metrics, including liquidity, expenses, performance, volatility, dividend, and concentration of holdings. The "A+ Metric Rated ETF" field, available to ETFdb Pro members, shows the ETF in the Technology Equities ETFdb Category with the highest Metric Realtime Rating for each individual field.
MTK Realtime Rating: Overall
|ETFdb Rating Type||Overall Rating||A+ Overall Rated ETF|
|Realtime Rating (Overall)|
The second table shows the overall Realtime Rating for MTK, as well as the A+ Overall Rated ETF in MTK's Category. To view all of this data, sign up for a free 14-day trial for ETFdb Pro. To view information on how the ETFdb Realtime Ratings work, click here.
ETFdb Analyst Report for MTK
This specialized ETF tracks an index of companies that are engaged in the electronics-based segments of the technology world. This includes firms involved in the following industries; computers, software, hardware, and semiconductors just to name a few. Thanks to this focus, the fund provides tar...
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
To view the entire ETFdb Realtime Rating, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. To see all that is included in the ETFdb Realtime Rating, see the free previews of ten of the most popular ETFs: SPY, GLD, VWO, EFA, EEM, IVV, QQQ, TIP, VTI, LQD . Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Get valuable insight from our analysts in the ETFdb Category reports, with in-depth breakdown every ETF niche, large or small.
- Get portfolio guidance on nearly every possible investor scenario and include detailed information on risk profiles, asset correlation, portfolio management, and more.
- Get access to our premium monthly newsletter ETF Edge.
- Gain access to premium research reports covering popular sectors of the ETF industry.
- Read in-depth monthly Q&A's with our Senior Analyst Michael Johnston.
- Use the ETFdb Pro Screener to screen ETFs according to your own customized parameters, then download the results in Microsoft Excel format.
- Get 100% access to the ETF Head-To-Head Comparison Tool, a resource that shows how more than 1,100 ETFs stack up against the competition in terms of performance, holdings, and technical strength.