SIL - Silver Miners ETF
Description: The index is designed to reflect the performance of the silver mining industry. It is comprised of common stocks, ADRs and GDRs of selected companies globally that are actively engaged in some aspect of the silver mining industry such as silver mining, refining or exploration.
SIL - Profile
SIL - Holdings
Top Ten Holdings
- Silver Wheaton Corp SLW: 12.72%
- Fresnillo PLC FNLPF: 11.67%
- Fortuna Silver Mines Inc FSM: 5.53%
- Tahoe Resources Inc TAHO: 5.29%
- Industrias Peñoles S AB de C V IPOAF: 5.16%
- Pan American Silver Corp PAAS: 4.72%
- Endeavour Silver Corp EXK: 4.71%
- AuRico Gold Inc AUQ: 4.68%
- Polymetal International PLC POYYF: 4.52%
- Hecla Mining Co HL: 4.45%
SIL Asset Allocation
SIL Sector Breakdown
SIL Market Cap Breakdown
SIL Region Breakdown
SIL Country Breakdown
SIL - Fact Sheet
Fact sheets are issued by the ETF provider and framed by ETFdb.com. Information contained within the fact sheet is not guaranteed to be timely or accurate.Download the PDF
Having trouble viewing?
Visit Adobe.com to install Adobe Acrobat Viewer.
SIL - Charts
The following charts can be customized to display historical performance in a number of different formats, including line charts, bar charts, and candlesticks. Time periods can be adjusted to increase or decrease the period shown, ranging from five minutes to several months.
The following chart also includes the option to compare the performance of SIL relative to other ETFs and benchmarks or to include indicators such as Bollinger Bands, relative strength, and moving averages.
SIL - Fundamentals
SIL Expenses & Fees
SIL - Technicals
SIL Bollinger Bands
SIL Support & Resistance
SIL - ETFdb Realtime Rating & Analyst Report
SIL is a passive ETF that seeks to replicate Solactive Global Silver Miners Index. The index is designed to reflect the performance of the silver mining industry. It is comprised of common stocks, ADRs and GDRs of selected companies globally that are actively engaged in some aspect of the silver mining industry such as silver mining, refining or exploration.
|ETFdb Category||Expense Ratio||Inception Date||Issuer||Structure||YTD Return *|
|Commodity Producers Equities||0.65||2010-04-19||Global X||ETF||-19.20%|
SIL Realtime Rating: By Metric
|Metric||Metric Realtime Rating||A+ Metric Rated ETF|
The first adjacent table gives investors an individual Realtime Rating for SIL on several different metrics, including liquidity, expenses, performance, volatility, dividend, and concentration of holdings. The "A+ Metric Rated ETF" field, available to ETFdb Pro members, shows the ETF in the Commodity Producers Equities ETFdb Category with the highest Metric Realtime Rating for each individual field.
SIL Realtime Rating: Overall
|ETFdb Rating Type||Overall Rating||A+ Overall Rated ETF|
|Realtime Rating (Overall)|
The second table shows the overall Realtime Rating for SIL, as well as the A+ Overall Rated ETF in SIL's Category. To view all of this data, sign up for a free 14-day trial for ETFdb Pro. To view information on how the ETFdb Realtime Ratings work, click here.
ETFdb Analyst Report for SIL
This ETF gives investors an opportunity to achieve exposure to silver without holding the physical metal or encountering the nuances of a futures-based strategy. For investors looking to bet on increased demand for a raw material used widely in various applications, SIL is a nice option. SIL ofte...
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
To view the entire ETFdb Realtime Rating, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. To see all that is included in the ETFdb Realtime Rating, see the free previews of ten of the most popular ETFs: SPY, GLD, VWO, EFA, EEM, IVV, QQQ, TIP, VTI, LQD . Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Get valuable insight from our analysts in the ETFdb Category reports, with in-depth breakdown every ETF niche, large or small.
- Get portfolio guidance on nearly every possible investor scenario and include detailed information on risk profiles, asset correlation, portfolio management, and more.
- Get access to our premium monthly newsletter ETF Edge.
- Gain access to premium research reports covering popular sectors of the ETF industry.
- Read in-depth monthly Q&A's with our Senior Analyst Michael Johnston.
- Use the ETFdb Pro Screener to screen ETFs according to your own customized parameters, then download the results in Microsoft Excel format.
- Get 100% access to the ETF Head-To-Head Comparison Tool, a resource that shows how more than 1,100 ETFs stack up against the competition in terms of performance, holdings, and technical strength.