VAW - Materials ETF
Description: The index consists of stocks of large, medium, and small U.S. companies in the materials sector. This sector is made up of companies in a wide range of commodity-related manufacturing industries. Included within this sector are companies that manufacture chemicals, construction materials, glass, paper, forest products, and related packaging products, as well as metals, minerals, and mining companies, including producers of steel.
VAW - Profile
VAW - Holdings
Top Ten Holdings
- Dow Chemical Co DOW: 7.54%
- E I du Pont de Nemours & Company DD: 7.10%
- Monsanto Co MON: 7.08%
- LyondellBasell Industries NV LYB: 5.99%
- Praxair Inc PX: 4.50%
- Freeport-McMoRan Inc FCX: 4.41%
- Ecolab Inc ECL: 3.63%
- PPG Industries Inc PPG: 3.33%
- Air Products & Chemicals Inc APD: 3.30%
- International Paper Co IP: 2.33%
VAW Asset Allocation
VAW Sector Breakdown
VAW Market Cap Breakdown
VAW Region Breakdown
VAW Country Breakdown
VAW - Fact Sheet
Fact sheets are issued by the ETF provider and framed by ETFdb.com. Information contained within the fact sheet is not guaranteed to be timely or accurate.Download the PDF
Having trouble viewing?
Visit Adobe.com to install Adobe Acrobat Viewer.
VAW - Charts
The following charts can be customized to display historical performance in a number of different formats, including line charts, bar charts, and candlesticks. Time periods can be adjusted to increase or decrease the period shown, ranging from five minutes to several months.
The following chart also includes the option to compare the performance of VAW relative to other ETFs and benchmarks or to include indicators such as Bollinger Bands, relative strength, and moving averages.
VAW - Fundamentals
VAW Expenses & Fees
VAW - Technicals
VAW Bollinger Bands
VAW Support & Resistance
VAW - ETFdb Realtime Rating & Analyst Report
VAW is a passive ETF that seeks to replicate MSCI US Investable Market Materials 25/50 Index. The index consists of stocks of large, medium, and small U.S. companies in the materials sector. This sector is made up of companies in a wide range of commodity-related manufacturing industries. Included within this sector are companies that manufacture chemicals, construction materials, glass, paper, forest products, and related packaging products, as well as metals, minerals, and mining companies, including producers of steel.
|ETFdb Category||Expense Ratio||Inception Date||Issuer||Structure||YTD Return *|
VAW Realtime Rating: By Metric
|Metric||Metric Realtime Rating||A+ Metric Rated ETF|
The first adjacent table gives investors an individual Realtime Rating for VAW on several different metrics, including liquidity, expenses, performance, volatility, dividend, and concentration of holdings. The "A+ Metric Rated ETF" field, available to ETFdb Pro members, shows the ETF in the Materials ETFdb Category with the highest Metric Realtime Rating for each individual field.
VAW Realtime Rating: Overall
|ETFdb Rating Type||Overall Rating||A+ Overall Rated ETF|
|Realtime Rating (Overall)|
The second table shows the overall Realtime Rating for VAW, as well as the A+ Overall Rated ETF in VAW's Category. To view all of this data, sign up for a free 14-day trial for ETFdb Pro. To view information on how the ETFdb Realtime Ratings work, click here.
ETFdb Analyst Report for VAW
This ETF is one of several funds offering exposure to the U.S. materials sector, a corner of the market that may be appealing for investors looking to gain indirect exposure to commodity prices through the stocks of companies engaged in the extraction or production of natural resources. Because t...
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
To view the entire ETFdb Realtime Rating, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. To see all that is included in the ETFdb Realtime Rating, see the free previews of ten of the most popular ETFs: SPY, GLD, VWO, EFA, EEM, IVV, QQQ, TIP, VTI, LQD . Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Get valuable insight from our analysts in the ETFdb Category reports, with in-depth breakdown every ETF niche, large or small.
- Get portfolio guidance on nearly every possible investor scenario and include detailed information on risk profiles, asset correlation, portfolio management, and more.
- Get access to our premium monthly newsletter ETF Edge.
- Gain access to premium research reports covering popular sectors of the ETF industry.
- Read in-depth monthly Q&A's with our Senior Analyst Michael Johnston.
- Use the ETFdb Pro Screener to screen ETFs according to your own customized parameters, then download the results in Microsoft Excel format.
- Get 100% access to the ETF Head-To-Head Comparison Tool, a resource that shows how more than 1,100 ETFs stack up against the competition in terms of performance, holdings, and technical strength.