VDE - Energy ETF
Description: The index consists of stocks of large, medium, and small U.S. companies in the energy sector. This sector is made up of companies whose businesses are dominated by either of the following activities: the construction or provision of oil rigs, drilling equipment, and other energy-related service and equipment (such as seismic data collection); or companies engaged in the exploration, production, marketing, refining, and/or transportation of oil and gas products.
VDE - Profile
VDE - Holdings
Top Ten Holdings
- Exxon Mobil Corporation XOM: 19.93%
- Chevron Corp CVX: 11.50%
- Schlumberger NV SLB: 6.65%
- ConocoPhillips COP: 4.65%
- Occidental Petroleum Corp OXY: 3.80%
- EOG Resources Inc EOG: 2.80%
- Halliburton Co HAL: 2.66%
- Anadarko Petroleum Corp APC: 2.66%
- Phillips 66 PSX: 2.30%
- Williams Companies Inc WMB: 1.95%
VDE Asset Allocation
VDE Sector Breakdown
VDE Market Cap Breakdown
VDE Region Breakdown
VDE Country Breakdown
VDE - Fact Sheet
Fact sheets are issued by the ETF provider and framed by ETFdb.com. Information contained within the fact sheet is not guaranteed to be timely or accurate.Download the PDF
Having trouble viewing?
Visit Adobe.com to install Adobe Acrobat Viewer.
VDE - Charts
The following charts can be customized to display historical performance in a number of different formats, including line charts, bar charts, and candlesticks. Time periods can be adjusted to increase or decrease the period shown, ranging from five minutes to several months.
The following chart also includes the option to compare the performance of VDE relative to other ETFs and benchmarks or to include indicators such as Bollinger Bands, relative strength, and moving averages.
VDE - Fundamentals
VDE Expenses & Fees
VDE - Technicals
VDE Bollinger Bands
VDE Support & Resistance
VDE - ETFdb Realtime Rating & Analyst Report
VDE is a passive ETF that seeks to replicate MSCI US Investable Market Energy 25/50 Index. The index consists of stocks of large, medium, and small U.S. companies in the energy sector. This sector is made up of companies whose businesses are dominated by either of the following activities: the construction or provision of oil rigs, drilling equipment, and other energy-related service and equipment (such as seismic data collection); or companies engaged in the exploration, production, marketing, refining, and/or transportation of oil and gas products.
|ETFdb Category||Expense Ratio||Inception Date||Issuer||Structure||YTD Return *|
VDE Realtime Rating: By Metric
|Metric||Metric Realtime Rating||A+ Metric Rated ETF|
The first adjacent table gives investors an individual Realtime Rating for VDE on several different metrics, including liquidity, expenses, performance, volatility, dividend, and concentration of holdings. The "A+ Metric Rated ETF" field, available to ETFdb Pro members, shows the ETF in the Energy Equities ETFdb Category with the highest Metric Realtime Rating for each individual field.
VDE Realtime Rating: Overall
|ETFdb Rating Type||Overall Rating||A+ Overall Rated ETF|
|Realtime Rating (Overall)|
The second table shows the overall Realtime Rating for VDE, as well as the A+ Overall Rated ETF in VDE's Category. To view all of this data, sign up for a free 14-day trial for ETFdb Pro. To view information on how the ETFdb Realtime Ratings work, click here.
ETFdb Analyst Report for VDE
This ETF offers broad-based exposure to the U.S. energy industry, making it a potentially useful tool for those looking to fine tune the domestic equity portion of their portfolio or perhaps pair against another sector/region in a long/short trade. VDE is one of the most competitive energy ETFs a...
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
To view the entire ETFdb Realtime Rating, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. To see all that is included in the ETFdb Realtime Rating, see the free previews of ten of the most popular ETFs: SPY, GLD, VWO, EFA, EEM, IVV, QQQ, TIP, VTI, LQD . Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Get valuable insight from our analysts in the ETFdb Category reports, with in-depth breakdown every ETF niche, large or small.
- Get portfolio guidance on nearly every possible investor scenario and include detailed information on risk profiles, asset correlation, portfolio management, and more.
- Get access to our premium monthly newsletter ETF Edge.
- Gain access to premium research reports covering popular sectors of the ETF industry.
- Read in-depth monthly Q&A's with our Senior Analyst Michael Johnston.
- Use the ETFdb Pro Screener to screen ETFs according to your own customized parameters, then download the results in Microsoft Excel format.
- Get 100% access to the ETF Head-To-Head Comparison Tool, a resource that shows how more than 1,100 ETFs stack up against the competition in terms of performance, holdings, and technical strength.