VHT - Health Care ETF
Description: The index consists of stocks of large, medium, and small U.S. companies in the health care sector. This sector is made up of two main industry groups. The first group includes companies that manufacture health care equipment and supplies or provide health care related services (such as distributors of health care products, providers of basic healthcare services, and owners and operators of health care facilities and organizations). The second group includes companies primarily involved in the research, development, production, and marketing of pharmaceuticals and biotechnology products.
VHT - Profile
VHT - Holdings
Top Ten Holdings
- Johnson & Johnson JNJ: 9.49%
- Pfizer Inc PFE: 7.60%
- Merck & Co Inc MRK: 6.08%
- Gilead Sciences Inc GILD: 4.63%
- Amgen Inc AMGN: 3.41%
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company BMY: 3.23%
- AbbVie Inc ABBV: 2.96%
- Biogen Idec Inc BIIB: 2.94%
- UnitedHealth Group Inc UNH: 2.84%
- Celgene Corporation CELG: 2.42%
VHT Asset Allocation
VHT Sector Breakdown
VHT Market Cap Breakdown
VHT Region Breakdown
VHT Country Breakdown
VHT - Fact Sheet
Fact sheets are issued by the ETF provider and framed by ETFdb.com. Information contained within the fact sheet is not guaranteed to be timely or accurate.Download the PDF
Having trouble viewing?
Visit Adobe.com to install Adobe Acrobat Viewer.
VHT - Charts
The following charts can be customized to display historical performance in a number of different formats, including line charts, bar charts, and candlesticks. Time periods can be adjusted to increase or decrease the period shown, ranging from five minutes to several months.
The following chart also includes the option to compare the performance of VHT relative to other ETFs and benchmarks or to include indicators such as Bollinger Bands, relative strength, and moving averages.
VHT - Fundamentals
VHT Expenses & Fees
VHT - Technicals
VHT Bollinger Bands
VHT Support & Resistance
VHT - ETFdb Realtime Rating & Analyst Report
VHT is a passive ETF that seeks to replicate MSCI US Investable Market Health Care 25/50 Index. The index consists of stocks of large, medium, and small U.S. companies in the health care sector. This sector is made up of two main industry groups. The first group includes companies that manufacture health care equipment and supplies or provide health care related services (such as distributors of health care products, providers of basic healthcare services, and owners and operators of health care facilities and organizations). The second group includes companies primarily involved in the research, development, production, and marketing of pharmaceuticals and biotechnology products.
|ETFdb Category||Expense Ratio||Inception Date||Issuer||Structure||YTD Return *|
|Health & Biotech Equities||0.14||2004-01-26||Vanguard||ETF||+2.18%|
VHT Realtime Rating: By Metric
|Metric||Metric Realtime Rating||A+ Metric Rated ETF|
The first adjacent table gives investors an individual Realtime Rating for VHT on several different metrics, including liquidity, expenses, performance, volatility, dividend, and concentration of holdings. The "A+ Metric Rated ETF" field, available to ETFdb Pro members, shows the ETF in the Health & Biotech Equities ETFdb Category with the highest Metric Realtime Rating for each individual field.
VHT Realtime Rating: Overall
|ETFdb Rating Type||Overall Rating||A+ Overall Rated ETF|
|Realtime Rating (Overall)|
The second table shows the overall Realtime Rating for VHT, as well as the A+ Overall Rated ETF in VHT's Category. To view all of this data, sign up for a free 14-day trial for ETFdb Pro. To view information on how the ETFdb Realtime Ratings work, click here.
ETFdb Analyst Report for VHT
This ETF is one of many offering exposure to U.S. health care stocks, a corner of the domestic economy that has historically exhibited relatively low volatility. As a sector-specific ETF, VHT probably isn't all that useful in a long-term, buy-and-hold portfolio; most of the underlying companies w...
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
To view the entire ETFdb Realtime Rating, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. To see all that is included in the ETFdb Realtime Rating, see the free previews of ten of the most popular ETFs: SPY, GLD, VWO, EFA, EEM, IVV, QQQ, TIP, VTI, LQD . Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Get valuable insight from our analysts in the ETFdb Category reports, with in-depth breakdown every ETF niche, large or small.
- Get portfolio guidance on nearly every possible investor scenario and include detailed information on risk profiles, asset correlation, portfolio management, and more.
- Get access to our premium monthly newsletter ETF Edge.
- Gain access to premium research reports covering popular sectors of the ETF industry.
- Read in-depth monthly Q&A's with our Senior Analyst Michael Johnston.
- Use the ETFdb Pro Screener to screen ETFs according to your own customized parameters, then download the results in Microsoft Excel format.
- Get 100% access to the ETF Head-To-Head Comparison Tool, a resource that shows how more than 1,100 ETFs stack up against the competition in terms of performance, holdings, and technical strength.