VNQ - REIT ETF
Description: The index is a free float market capitalization weighted benchmark that is comprised of equity REIT securities that belong to the MSCI US Investable Market 2500 Index. The index is designed to cover about two-thirds of the value of the entire U.S. REIT market. To be eligible for inclusion, REITs must have a market capitalization of at least $100 million, with enough shares and trading volume to be considered liquid.
VNQ - Profile
VNQ - Holdings
Top Ten Holdings
- Simon Property Group Inc SPG: 8.63%
- Public Storage PSA: 4.14%
- Equity Residential EQR: 3.57%
- Prologis Inc PLD: 3.39%
- HCP Inc HCP: 3.12%
- Ventas Inc VTR: 3.12%
- AvalonBay Communities Inc AVB: 3.04%
- Health Care REIT, Inc. HCN: 3.00%
- Boston Properties Inc BXP: 2.99%
- Vornado Realty Trust VNO: 2.97%
VNQ Asset Allocation
VNQ Sector Breakdown
VNQ Market Cap Breakdown
VNQ Region Breakdown
VNQ Country Breakdown
VNQ - Fact Sheet
Fact sheets are issued by the ETF provider and framed by ETFdb.com. Information contained within the fact sheet is not guaranteed to be timely or accurate.Download the PDF
Having trouble viewing?
Visit Adobe.com to install Adobe Acrobat Viewer.
VNQ - Charts
The following charts can be customized to display historical performance in a number of different formats, including line charts, bar charts, and candlesticks. Time periods can be adjusted to increase or decrease the period shown, ranging from five minutes to several months.
The following chart also includes the option to compare the performance of VNQ relative to other ETFs and benchmarks or to include indicators such as Bollinger Bands, relative strength, and moving averages.
VNQ - Fundamentals
VNQ Expenses & Fees
VNQ - Technicals
VNQ Bollinger Bands
VNQ Support & Resistance
VNQ - ETFdb Realtime Rating & Analyst Report
VNQ is a passive ETF that seeks to replicate MSCI US REIT Index. The index is a free float market capitalization weighted benchmark that is comprised of equity REIT securities that belong to the MSCI US Investable Market 2500 Index. The index is designed to cover about two-thirds of the value of the entire U.S. REIT market. To be eligible for inclusion, REITs must have a market capitalization of at least $100 million, with enough shares and trading volume to be considered liquid.
|ETFdb Category||Expense Ratio||Inception Date||Issuer||Structure||YTD Return *|
VNQ Realtime Rating: By Metric
|Metric||Metric Realtime Rating||A+ Metric Rated ETF|
The first adjacent table gives investors an individual Realtime Rating for VNQ on several different metrics, including liquidity, expenses, performance, volatility, dividend, and concentration of holdings. The "A+ Metric Rated ETF" field, available to ETFdb Pro members, shows the ETF in the Real Estate ETFdb Category with the highest Metric Realtime Rating for each individual field.
VNQ Realtime Rating: Overall
|ETFdb Rating Type||Overall Rating||A+ Overall Rated ETF|
|Realtime Rating (Overall)|
The second table shows the overall Realtime Rating for VNQ, as well as the A+ Overall Rated ETF in VNQ's Category. To view all of this data, sign up for a free 14-day trial for ETFdb Pro. To view information on how the ETFdb Realtime Ratings work, click here.
ETFdb Analyst Report for VNQ
This ETF offers exposure to U.S. property trusts that covers about two-thirds of the value of the entire U.S. REIT market. VNQ follows the MSCI US REIT Index, which has just over 100 holdings diversified primarily across mid and large-cap equities, while exposure to small-caps is also abundant. R...
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
To view the entire ETFdb Realtime Rating, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. To see all that is included in the ETFdb Realtime Rating, see the free previews of ten of the most popular ETFs: SPY, GLD, VWO, EFA, EEM, IVV, QQQ, TIP, VTI, LQD . Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Get valuable insight from our analysts in the ETFdb Category reports, with in-depth breakdown every ETF niche, large or small.
- Get portfolio guidance on nearly every possible investor scenario and include detailed information on risk profiles, asset correlation, portfolio management, and more.
- Get access to our premium monthly newsletter ETF Edge.
- Gain access to premium research reports covering popular sectors of the ETF industry.
- Read in-depth monthly Q&A's with our Senior Analyst Michael Johnston.
- Use the ETFdb Pro Screener to screen ETFs according to your own customized parameters, then download the results in Microsoft Excel format.
- Get 100% access to the ETF Head-To-Head Comparison Tool, a resource that shows how more than 1,100 ETFs stack up against the competition in terms of performance, holdings, and technical strength.