VOO - S&P 500 ETF
Description: The index measures the performance of the large capitalization sector of the U.S. equity market and is considered one of the best representations of the domestic economy. Utilizing a market-cap weighting structure, this index invests in the 500 largest U.S. firms including names like Apple (AAPL), Exxon Mobil (XOM) and General Electric (GE). All companies must have a 50% public float to be considered for inclusion in the benchmark.
VOO - Profile
VOO - Holdings
Top Ten Holdings
- Apple Inc AAPL: 3.34%
- Exxon Mobil Corporation XOM: 2.47%
- Microsoft Corp MSFT: 1.88%
- Johnson & Johnson JNJ: 1.64%
- General Electric Co GE: 1.46%
- Chevron Corp CVX: 1.43%
- Wells Fargo & Co WFC: 1.42%
- JPMorgan Chase & Co JPM: 1.27%
- Procter & Gamble Co PG: 1.21%
- Verizon Communications Inc VZ: 1.21%
VOO Asset Allocation
VOO Sector Breakdown
VOO Market Cap Breakdown
VOO Region Breakdown
VOO Country Breakdown
VOO - Fact Sheet
Fact sheets are issued by the ETF provider and framed by ETFdb.com. Information contained within the fact sheet is not guaranteed to be timely or accurate.Download the PDF
Having trouble viewing?
Visit Adobe.com to install Adobe Acrobat Viewer.
VOO - Charts
The following charts can be customized to display historical performance in a number of different formats, including line charts, bar charts, and candlesticks. Time periods can be adjusted to increase or decrease the period shown, ranging from five minutes to several months.
The following chart also includes the option to compare the performance of VOO relative to other ETFs and benchmarks or to include indicators such as Bollinger Bands, relative strength, and moving averages.
VOO - Fundamentals
VOO Expenses & Fees
VOO - Technicals
VOO Bollinger Bands
VOO Support & Resistance
VOO - ETFdb Realtime Rating & Analyst Report
VOO is a passive ETF that seeks to replicate S&P 500 Index. The index measures the performance of the large capitalization sector of the U.S. equity market and is considered one of the best representations of the domestic economy. Utilizing a market-cap weighting structure, this index invests in the 500 largest U.S. firms including names like Apple (AAPL), Exxon Mobil (XOM) and General Electric (GE). All companies must have a 50% public float to be considered for inclusion in the benchmark.
|ETFdb Category||Expense Ratio||Inception Date||Issuer||Structure||YTD Return *|
|Large Cap Blend Equities||0.05||2010-09-07||Vanguard||ETF||+8.57%|
VOO Realtime Rating: By Metric
|Metric||Metric Realtime Rating||A+ Metric Rated ETF|
The first adjacent table gives investors an individual Realtime Rating for VOO on several different metrics, including liquidity, expenses, performance, volatility, dividend, and concentration of holdings. The "A+ Metric Rated ETF" field, available to ETFdb Pro members, shows the ETF in the Large Cap Blend Equities ETFdb Category with the highest Metric Realtime Rating for each individual field.
VOO Realtime Rating: Overall
|ETFdb Rating Type||Overall Rating||A+ Overall Rated ETF|
|Realtime Rating (Overall)|
The second table shows the overall Realtime Rating for VOO, as well as the A+ Overall Rated ETF in VOO's Category. To view all of this data, sign up for a free 14-day trial for ETFdb Pro. To view information on how the ETFdb Realtime Ratings work, click here.
ETFdb Analyst Report for VOO
This ETF tracks the S&P 500 Index, one of the most famous benchmarks in the world and one that tracks some of America's largest companies. As a result, investors should think of this as a play on mega and large cap stocks in the American market. These securities are usually known as 'Blue Chips' ...
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
To view the entire ETFdb Realtime Rating, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. To see all that is included in the ETFdb Realtime Rating, see the free previews of ten of the most popular ETFs: SPY, GLD, VWO, EFA, EEM, IVV, QQQ, TIP, VTI, LQD . Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Get valuable insight from our analysts in the ETFdb Category reports, with in-depth breakdown every ETF niche, large or small.
- Get portfolio guidance on nearly every possible investor scenario and include detailed information on risk profiles, asset correlation, portfolio management, and more.
- Get access to our premium monthly newsletter ETF Edge.
- Gain access to premium research reports covering popular sectors of the ETF industry.
- Read in-depth monthly Q&A's with our Senior Analyst Michael Johnston.
- Use the ETFdb Pro Screener to screen ETFs according to your own customized parameters, then download the results in Microsoft Excel format.
- Get 100% access to the ETF Head-To-Head Comparison Tool, a resource that shows how more than 1,100 ETFs stack up against the competition in terms of performance, holdings, and technical strength.