10 Years Til Retirement ETFdb Portfolio
The 10 Years Til Retirement ETFdb Portfolio is designed for clients who expect to retire in approximately ten years, and expect to live for approximately 30 years following their retirement. This ETFdb Portfolio is inspired by numerous widely-accepted investment strategies that advocate an allocation of roughly two-thirds in equity and one-third in fixed income. Although many investors have shied away from real estate investments in recent years, we believe this asset class can still provide valuable return enhancement and diversification benefits, and as such have given it a low allocation. We have tilted the equity allocation heavily towards large cap U.S. stocks through SPY, but retain a moderate amount of small cap and international exposure through other ETFs.
This portfolio may be excessively risky for retired investors, but may have an unnecessarily large allocation to fixed income investments for investors facing a long time horizon and/or a relatively high ability to take on risk.
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETFdb Analyst Picks offer investment recommendations suited for longer-term traders; each Analyst Pick includes a fundamental rationale as well a suggested stop-loss and price target.
Many equity ETFs in this ETFdb Portfolio have suffered significant losses over the last year, as the global recession hammered equity prices around the world. These dismal returns highlight the importance of a significant allocation to fixed income ETFs in this ETFdb Portfolio.
ETF Database is not an investment advisor, and any content published by ETF Database does not constitute individual investment advice. The opinions offered herein are not personalized recommendations to buy, sell or hold securities. From time to time, issuers of exchange-traded products mentioned herein may place paid advertisements with ETF Database. All content on ETF Database is produced independently of any advertising relationships. Read the full disclaimer here.