20 Years Til Retirement ETFdb Portfolio
The 20 Years Til Retirement ETFdb Portfolio is designed for clients who expect to retire in approximately 20 years, and expect to live for approximately 30 years following their retirement. This ETFdb Portfolio is inspired by numerous widely-accepted investment strategies that advocate an allocation of roughly three-quarters in equities and one-fifth to fixed income. Although many investors have shied away from real estate investments in recent years, we believe this asset class can still provide valuable return enhancement and diversification benefits (particularly over the long term), and as such have given it a small allocation. We have tilted the equity allocation heavily towards large cap U.S. stocks through IVV, but retain a significant amount of small cap and international exposure through other ETFs.
This portfolio may be excessively risky for retired investors, but may have an unnecessarily large allocation to fixed income investments for investors facing a long time horizon and/or a relatively high ability to take on risk.
Pro Membership Required to Continue ReadingTo continue reading this article, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETF Insider weekly & actionable ideas packed with regular updates and analysis on all major asset classes, includes recommendations for active traders.