Actively Managed ETFdb Portfolio
The Actively Managed ETFdb Portfolio is designed for investors who believe in the benefits of quantitative analysis and active management, but also seek to capitalize on the benefits offered by the exchange-traded fund structure, including reduced costs, increased tax efficiency, and enhanced liquidity. The asset allocation strategy for this ETFdb Portfolio was constructed with moderately risk tolerant investors in mind. Instead of focusing on beta and using passively-indexed ETFs that predominantly use market capitalization-weighting methodologies, we selected ETFs that implement various degrees of quantitative analysis in an attempt to capture alpha.
Over the last 30 years, use of passive indexing as an investment strategy has increased significantly, as several academic studies have shown that the majority of portfolio returns are attributable not to individual stock selections, but to broad asset allocation strategies. Many investors point to the rise of the ETF industry a clear indication of a dramatic shift in investor sentiment away from costly active management towards more cost-efficient indexing strategies. Most ETF assets are invested in passively-indexed funds that own the entire benchmark rather than attempting to select individual securities expected to outperform the broader markets.
Pro Membership Required to Continue Reading
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETFdb Analyst Picks offer investment recommendations suited for longer-term traders; each Analyst Pick includes a fundamental rationale as well a suggested stop-loss and price target.
ETF Database is not an investment advisor, and any content published by ETF Database does not constitute individual investment advice. The opinions offered herein are not personalized recommendations to buy, sell or hold securities. From time to time, issuers of exchange-traded products mentioned herein may place paid advertisements with ETF Database. All content on ETF Database is produced independently of any advertising relationships. Read the full disclaimer here.