Asia-Centric ETFdb Portfolio
The Asia-Centric ETFdb Portfolio is designed for investors who are bullish on the outlook for Asia, and believe that this region offers a more favorable risk/return profile than the rest of the world. This ETFdb Portfolio is constructed with an asset allocation strategy of 65% equity (including 10% in real estate) and 35% in fixed income, although these weightings may be tweaked depending on willingness and ability to take on risk (those looking for less risk may wish to increase the fixed income allocation, and vice versa). Although many investors have shied away from real estate investments in recent years, we believe that international real estate is very different from American real estate and can still provide valuable return enhancement and diversification benefits (particularly over the long term).
Many investors have gravitated towards Asia because of the attractive growth potential, especially when compared to the developed markets of the U.S. and western Europe. Beyond the rapidly-expanding economies of China and India, a number of Asia’s smaller economies are turning in impressive growth rates, leading many to believe that the world’s largest continent (as well as Australia) will be the driver of global growth well into the future. This ETFdb Portfolio is designed for investors who are willing to take that theory to the extreme, weighting both the equity and fixed income portions of their portfolios heavily in Asian securities.
In many respects, this ETFdb Portfolio is similar to traditional portfolios; equity exposure is split between developed and emerging markets and is spread across various sectors and market caps, while fixed income exposure is also included. But there is minimal direct exposure to the U.S. and Europe; in constructing this ETFdb Portfolio we have attempted to include only ETFs that focus exclusively on Asian securities.
Pro Membership Required to Continue ReadingTo continue reading this article, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETF Insider weekly & actionable ideas packed with regular updates and analysis on all major asset classes, includes recommendations for active traders.