Ben Graham 50/50 ETFdb Portfolio
The Ben Graham 50/50 ETFdb Portfolio is designed for investors who subscribe to the investment philosophies furthered by the legendary Benjamin Graham. Graham is widely regarded as one of the first proponents of value investing, an approach he began teaching at Columbia Business School in the 1920s. Graham’s theories and stock portfolio management principles have inspired countless investors, including Warren Buffett and Walter Schloss (Graham had such an impact on Buffett that the disciple named his son Howard Graham Buffett after his mentor).
The principles that guided Graham’s investment decisions, while difficult to implement with the effectiveness of their creator, are rather simple conceptually. Graham believed in buying securities with a “margin of safety,” those trading at a discount to their intrinsic value. This strategy both provides high-return opportunities and minimizes downside risk. Graham loved companies with stable earnings and dividends and large cash balances, and often made investments in companies with liquid assets worth more than the total market cap.
Pro Membership Required to Continue ReadingTo continue reading this article, you must be an ETFdb Pro member. Please login or begin your 14-day free trial to continue reading. There are several benefits to becoming an ETFdb Pro member today:
- Access to 50+ All-ETF model portfolios. Whether you're a long-term, buy-and-hold investor or a more active trader looking to establish a tactical position, our collection of ETFdb Portfolios has something for everyone.
- ETFdb Realtime Ratings show you exactly where each fund stacks up next to the competition. Get objective, in-depth, custom research on every ETF.
- Pro members have Unlimited Excel Download capabilities across the entire database; users can easily download more than 200 data filled paged and also export results to Microsoft Excel from every tool.
- Get Actionable ETF Investment Ideas every week with access to ETF Insider, the 2x weekly newsletter that combines technical and fundamental ETF analysis to identify compelling opportunities.
- ETF Insider weekly & actionable ideas packed with regular updates and analysis on all major asset classes, includes recommendations for active traders.